Chapter 23- History repeating

Kai's POV
Everything I did that day was because I was drunk and I also saw Hayley for the first time, I have been keeping an eye on her for the past 12 years but when I saw her and she spoke to me, her sweet voice was like heaven to my ears.

I already knew about her and Christian but I decided to act surprised or I would've looked like a stalker, well I am but only I know about that.

I know that I'm going to marry Hayley she's the only woman I've ever loved and I will continue to love her no matter what.

Hayley's POV
Kai's words hit me like a rock. If I say that this all looks like a chapter from any book, I wouldn't be exaggerating like really what is all this mafia, contract love? When did my life become like this? I was an author with a simple life and supportive mom.

When I look at kai he looks at me even more expectantly I know I told him I could handle it but maybe when someone decides for me I get a little angry.

Well I have the right too

"Kai, can you tell me everything from the start?"

"Yes love"

"So it all started 12 years back when I met john (Jonathan) for the first time. I was a little boy with a determined attitude to get everything back then. I was always in fights when things weren't my way well summarizing I was bossy and a pain in the as*

Jonathan noticed my attitude and told me this bossy attitude was the attitude a leader has to have and was pretty impressed by me and my skills of doing things.

He then told me I could marry his daughter one day when I grow up; I wasn't sure at first until he showed me your picture and told me everything about you.

The first time I saw you I think I fell for you. Then when I saw you 12 years later I can't explain how my heart responded to seeing you and then I let my emotions carry me away."

He was looking at the floor by now probably ashamed of his acts

"So why were you at the party? Did my dad ask you to go?"

"Honestly Hayley no one told me to go, I just decided that I should meet you now and it was a public event so it wouldn't be suspicious of me to be there."

"Oh" was all I said. I think it all made sense now but didn't make it any easy to accept. The fact that two mafia guys have feelings for me isn't even the start.

After a little more random questions I say my goodbye to Kai since I'm tired and walk towards my room.

I sit on the bed and Christian crosses my mind. I pick up my phone and my finger hovers over his contact while my mind and heart fight weather or not I should call him so I just leave him a text and go to the bathroom to do my routine

Christian's POV
I was sitting on the counter chair continuously looking over my phone in hoping for a text from her, I just want to know she is safe.

VIBRATION

My phone vibrates and I instantly pick it up to see a text from Hayley.

My entire body relaxes and I open the text "I'm okay don't worry and since you're not asleep already good night" was all she wrote but enough to make my heart flutter

Seeing she still cares instantly made my heart light and my mood better so I go to my room in order to sleep.

Before sleeping I text her back and then close my eyes.

Kai's POV
I'm lying on my bed as I recall our talk earlier. I can't seem to get her out of my mind but I have to for now. I feel my phone buzz and so I open it.

"I'm outside, open the door"- Jonathan

"Fu*k, why is he here right now, Hayley isn't expecting to see him right now, not after what she learnt, what do I do?"

I stand up and straighten my shoulders, I then leave the room to open the door, and I can't really let him go so I will let him in but I need to ask Hayley if she wants to see him right now.

"Hi" I say as I open the door

"Where is she" he says in a cold voice which sends shivers down my spine

"In the room"

He takes a step forward-

"but wait, you can't see her"
"What do you mean?"

"She knows everything john, I need to ask her first if she even wants to see you this late"

He stops and considers my words for a second then nods his head

"Okay then I'm waiting here ask her go"

I make my way towards Hayley's room and knock the door

No response

I knock again but same nothing, so I open the door slightly

Poking my head in I see the room absolutely empty, she probably is in the bathroom so I make my way inside and stand there patiently.

Hayley comes inside the room a towel wrapped around her body and her hair wet

"Oh fu*k" I turn around immediately and she as well runs back to where she came from

She comes back a minute later out of breath

"Kai? What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry Hayley I didn't mean to come inside but I need to ask and tell you something"

"Right now?"

"Yes"

She arches her eyebrow but nods

"There is someone here to see you"

She seems confused for a second but her face shows realization

"Dad" she speaks nearly a whisper to which I just nod my head

"Uhm, I don't want to see him right now"

"Okay Hayley" I turn around to leave but she calls after me

"Wait"

"Yes?"

"I'll come with you but you have to stay with me"

"I will always stay with you Hayley"

She sighs then walks towards the door and I follow her

We walk in silence and I can feel her nervousness

"If you want, I can ask him to come tomorrow?"

"No its okay, thank you for considering"

"Anytime"

We reach the seating room to find Jonathan's back on our sight

He notices us standing behind and stands instantly turning around

"Hayley"

"Dad"