Chapter 5-pretty lies

Christians POV
Both of our phones started ringing and honestly I was a little startled by this co incidence but without a second thought I picked up my phone.

"Hello" I spoke in a normal voice. "CHRISTIAN WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" My dad yelled through the phone. I didn't get his tone and asked him "about what dad?"

"Christian who is the girl beside you in that jewellers store and why were you putting a ring on her finger?!" I stood there completely still, my brain processing whatever I just heard "dad, who told you this?" I spoke in curiosity.

"WHO TOLD ME?! NO ONE DID CHRISTIAN- I SAW IT MYSELF!" I looked here and there to find him but he was nowhere in sight "where dad, where did you see it?" "On the internet Christian- it's all over the internet" 'my eyes widened and my hand automatically clenched into a fist. "Let me see" I quickly spoke and ended the call, not waiting for a reply.

I opened the page and to my surprise it was worse. The pictures were taken to create a chaos as it was when I held Hayley's hand while both of us were smiling and the ring was precisely shining brightly in her ring finger.

If I didn't know the story, even I would've thought the same after seeing the pictures.

Everything fall into pieces and I rushed towards Hayley just in time to see her losing her balance when I quickly placed my hand around her waist pulling her close and making her steady on her feet.

Her face clearly showed that she knew and I felt bad for her knowing she owes everyone in her family an explanation. She looked at me and I spoke confirming her fears.

"Someone took our photos in the jewelers store and posted them on social media, I guess it's very official now Hayley" she stood there completely still as she processed everything.
She quickly took a step back and opened her phone checking the pictures and to my surprise her face showed no expression.

"What now?" I asked her clearly worried. "it's okay either way they had to know it's just I wanted to wait for the perfect opportunity to tell them but I guess I'd have to tell them sooner" she spoke in a soft voice.

I didn't speak as I held her by the shoulders and walked her towards my car, opening the passenger's seat and seating her in as I closed the door and walked to the driver's seat with only one thought in my mind. Whoever it is really wanted to die.

I dropped Hayley at her house telling her I'd take care of this problem and that I'd text her as soon as I get to the bottom of this so that she can tell her family everything clearly.

After that I called George and asked him to find the person who posted these while rushing to the Alfonzo estate to meet my family whose calls every ten seconds have been blowing up my phone.

I opened the main gate and my dad didn't even wait for me to enter as he practically dragged me in the dining area where everyone was seated not so patient.

I cleared my throat to get their attention when my younger brother opened his mouth to speak but closed it as he stared behind me.

I turned around to see none other than my mom Lara Alfonzo standing behind me with her hands folded across her chest clearly waiting for an answer.

My mom was a really nice person but she had a hard time accepting secrets and outsiders interacting with the Alfonzo family. "Hello mom" I said in a neutral voice making her expression to soften.

She took a step towards me and placed her hands on my cheeks as she spoke "you owe everyone an explanation Chris" "I know mom which is why I'm here" I said while turning around to face everyone.

In the dining area were my two brothers clearly impatient, Gavin's wife Sarah who I personally liked because of her warm personality- my mom dad and my cousin Caleb.

"So I know the pictures have created a misunderstanding and I am here to clear it" no one spoke so I continued "the girl you saw in the pictures was my girlfriend for a year and now is my fiancée" I lied straight to their faces.

A man in his early twenties who had the same grey eyes like me with black hair spoke "but brother where was she from a whole year?" he spoke "we weren't public Leo because we weren't sure, as you all know I'm not good with women so for once I wanted to be sure before publicizing our relationship" I said lightening everyone's mood.

I took a deep breath when my mother spoke "lets meet your girlfriend now fiancée, invite her and her family for dinner tomorrow" she spoke while turning around and leaving not waiting for a reply.

"yes mom" I said while everyone dispersed except Leo and Caleb who stood there with bright eyes, not liking their expression I turned around to leave but Leo's words stopped me in my tracks. "Fiancé huh! It's going to be fun brother" he said as he patted me on the shoulder.

Caleb laughed behind him as both of them exited the room together leaving me alone.
Getting annoyed I got out of the place into the hall to quickly call Hayley.

"hey" she spoke in a soft tone 'god I love her voice' I thought but quickly cleared my throat and spoke "hey Hayley so my family wants to meet you and your family so you have to attend tomorrow's dinner with me, be ready at 7 PM sharp ill pick you up." "Okay" she said as she ended the call.

I felt a little different as I didn't expect her to agree so soon, instead I expected her to panic but its better.

I don't want to deal with a lot of drama I thought but soon it was interrupted by George's call. I exited the estate and picked up his call

"Boss, the user was really anonymous and it's hard to track him down but I interrogated a few people and they told me about a man whom they saw with a camera roaming near the jewelers shop, no one recognized him but gave us a few details about his appearance. "Tell me?" "He was a tall man who had brown hair and same colored eyes." "That's it?" "Yes boss" "okay keep looking into it and check if any of our enemy's appearance matches with the given description" "sure thing boss" with that I ended the call as I sighed and shoot a quick text to my best friend.

Tomorrow is indeed going to be a long day I spoke as I sat in the car and drove towards the office.