Chapter 16-She is MINE

Christian's POV
The event was going in swing- laughter and joy filled every corner even Hayley was laughing.

The only one not laughing was me, don't blame me but I can feel trouble and something tells me there is something I don't know about.

About Kai I texted George to give me his background because if Hayley says Mathew never bought his own son up, then something is definitely wrong.

Anyways I could see the journalists snapping picture of everything and I couldn't help but feel annoyed.

I scanned the crowd for Hayley and luckily she was standing alone so I made my way towards her.

"Hey can I have a dance with you?" I spoke in the most lovable voice I could.

When my dad asked me to clarify my own feelings I started doubting myself if it really is what he says it is, so I wanted to test them but I know my heart which says it has fallen for the beautiful woman right in front of me.

I couldn't feel anything wrong about that feeling inside of me and every time she looked at me made my heart flutter like a baby.

Anyways she looked a little startled but took my hand as we made our way to the dance floor.

I held her close to me delicately as if she was fragile and she did the same.

Although we didn't speak for a long time I could feel my heart pounding wildly inside my chest now what do I define this feeling as???

I think I saw Kai in the crowd but then he disappeared. I think I should talk to Mathew instead of waiting for George's answer.

I excused myself from Hayley, provided her with Leo's company and made my way over to Mathew

Hayley's POV
When Christian asked me this for a moment all I wanted to say was NO that he already has created enough chaos today, no more but then he looked into my eyes and my heart denied so I accepted.

Both of us maintained our distance but the dance was still one of the most memorable ones I've ever had it just felt too right

Christian seemed concerned about Kai so he said he is going to ask Mathew himself which I obviously didn't object because I was curious too.

I was with Leo but then he got a phone call so now I was standing alone but a lot of people were coming to congratulate me every now and then so it wasn't very lonely

Everyone seemed pretty happy and that bought a smile to my face

"You have a beautiful smile you know" Kai interrupted my day dreaming as he bought two drinks with him and offered me one

"Thank you" I slightly blushed as I accepted his drink and we stood in comfortable silence
"Well I think it's too early but I was hoping you'd dance with me since I'm very lonely over here?"

I think I felt him when he said lonely because I also had been there and it sucks, I also didn't have a reason to say no especially when he hadn't done something to make me uncomfortable.

I gladly accepted his offer and we made our way to the dance floor again.

It was almost dark outside and a lot of guests had already left so the dance floor was spacious.

Kai took my hand and we danced together, it looked like he had had special training for this particular dance because his steps were just too perfect

"I wasn't trained for this dance I just happen to be good at it" he spoke in a soft voice and I bit my lip nervously assuming I was thinking too loud.

"I can tell by the look on your face that you were thinking this, don't get me wrong almost all the women I have danced with say the same so I just considered that"

I looked up to him and realized we had quite a height difference; he was similar to Christian's height.

"It's okay and yes I was thinking that particular thought but let me compliment it openly since you already guessed it, you dance like a professional Mr. black"

"Oh come on don't call me that, just call me Kai assuming we're friends now?" he said with a smile on his face

"Of course why not, Kai" "better" I smiled and we danced for a while until we made our way back to an empty table.

Christian's POV
I made my way to Mathew and luckily he was alone. After having quite a conversation I finally asked him

"So you never told Hayley you had a son?"
Mathew's expressions changed completely and he looked at me a little concerned and asked "Kai?"

I straightened my shoulders and nodded. I felt his shoulders tense but then ease a little

"Well Kai doesn't like my field of work and so we don't publicize our relationship, he has his own company so he really doesn't need my fame, maybe this is the reason I never bought it up."

I looked at him for a little while but then gave up thinking he was actually speaking the truth. We then spoke for a little while and then I made my way back to Hayley and Leo.

I passed the entrance and saw Leo coming from there

"where is Hayley?" I immediately asked him.

Poor guy got confused and told me about his call and I instantly made my way to where I left them only to see the only thing I was dreading to see.

Hayley and Kai talking, alone.

An instant rage spread through me but I managed to control myself somehow.

After a while Hayley excused herself and was making her way somewhere when I followed her.

"Let's leave" I said while grabbing her hand

"What, why?" Hayley asked confused

"Why were you smiling?"

"What are you talking about?"

"WHY WERE YOU SMILING WHILE TALKING TO KAI?" I spoke a little louder not caring about my surroundings

Hayley immediately released her hand from my grip and took a step back

"What do you mean Christian, why can't I smile at other people?"

"Oh you sure can, not at guys but."

"Oh and why is that?" she asked taking a step closer in a super confident voice

"Don't you get it Hayley, because you're only mine and I DON'T LIKE SHARING WHAT IS MINE"