Chapter 15- Old ties, new lies

Hayley's POV
After my conversation with Christian I think I went straight to bed with this empty feeling inside of me. I couldn't get anything straight so I decided to sleep to think better

The rest of the days passed into a blur and it was finally the day for my event.

I was pretty excited about everything an hour ago but now I think it was turning into nervousness although it's not the first party I'm going to attend.

Anyways I was moving back and forth impatiently in the room waiting for my mom to bring my dress.

As this was a celebration everyone including Christian's family was invited and I was super nervous because I had to get a good impression even if things weren't perfect between me and Christian.

The makeup artist completed my look a while ago and the hairstylist also completed the look so it was just the dress which was left.

I went for a soft look for my makeup since I chose the pink gown and for the hairstyle I went for curls which were left open from the sides.

After waiting for what felt like an hour my mom came In with the dress and heels and everyone left. I quickly changed and glancing one last time in the mirror I went down.

Mathew had already sent a car for my mom and me so we left almost instantly.

*******************
When we almost reached I could see the flashes of the media and I also caught a glimpse of Mathew saying something to them.

I started taking deep breaths and my mom upon noticing the changes gave my hand a light squeeze assuring me I was going to be okay.

We left the car and went towards the entrance and trust me I felt like a genuine celebrity with all the attention I was receiving because the amount of fame my book received was huge and so the event turned out to be a lot grander than we possibly imagined.

We soon were greeted by Mathew and all the other people who were now praising me for my work and I couldn't help but feel a little awkward because I really sometimes go blank when I receive this amount of attention- don't blame me pls.

Anyways I glanced around and met quite a few faces like Lara and Robert and we started talking.

None of them bought Christian in the conversation and Christian was not in sight as well.

As much as I was glad I felt a little disappointed too because I felt he was supposed to be with me in the brightest moments of my life now as my "fiancée".

Everything was going pretty well until it was time for me to say a few words about my book so the party could get started for real.

Preparing my entire body I went up towards the stairs and stood there in the middle and only in a matter of time all eyes were on me.

Here it goes

"so first of all I want to thank everyone for being such an amazing part of my achievement, this was the first time I wrote something like this but the love you guys showed for it was beyond what I expected. I just love every one of you and I am hoping to write such books for you in the future as well"

After the speech I was asked a few questions which were pretty fine until this particular one

"So Miss Smith according to the pictures that came out a while ago you were engaged to the Alfonzo group's second son and heir Christian Alfonzo but all this while we didn't see him, would you like to confirm anything regarding it?"

The only question I was dreading was finally spoken and now I was completely speechless.

My hands went numb and I took a little while until I started speaking "about that ye-"