Chapter 32: The Questioning Begins

Thank you to all those who read, vote and comment. Please continue to support my story and share with your friends and followers if possible. Enjoy.

The sun arose into the sky with a firm ray of hope. It brought about morning and all the various dwellers which were thrilled by its giving of light.

Shark and Troy awoke in a chamber with stony walls and a large glass window which must be hidden from anyone on the outside like the other.

They were laying on beds made out of straws and had not slept a wink. They had spent one day in a strange land which almost disposed of them with every turn they took.

Chi-taki promised a noble lord would be by to help them today. They were hoping he was a Hyod, someone whom had knowledge of Earth, the Lost Kingdom of Man and possibly the ability to return them back.

Home was where their parents and safety lay. It was not Axial, the Kingdom of Rudiments where everything should have a warning sign attached to it.

They opened the door and witnessed Chi-taki setting the table with three silver bowls of what looked like porridge.

"Morning, did we have a good slumber?" said a smiling Chi-taki, his whiskers twitching.

He was treating them like houseguests who were spending the night and had no real problems, but they were not.

They were two strangers in a distant, dangerous land who potentially had creatures after them, sent forth from some mysterious master whom Panthora once served. All they wanted, desired, was to go home.

"We did, for today is the day which made us appreciate life as it is and not to take anything for granted," said a happy Troy.

He lingered for an early morning knock from the noble lord who would announce the time and place of their departure like a pilot on an airplane.

"Yes, we did have a good night slumber Chi-taki, thank you for your hospitality," replied Shark while he elbowed Troy to do the same.

"That is wonderful. Now the two of you should wash up in the other chamber before you foul up this place," exclaimed Chi-taki with a chuckle.

The two cleaned up and seated themselves at the table. They looked down at the bowl of porridge with repugnance on their faces. It looked like mud filled with chunks of something resembling potatoes.

"Shark, you have in front of you, a delicious bowl of oceanic (O-she-an-ick) porridge and Troy you have a bowl of skytian (Sky-tee-an) porridge."

"They might not look appealing by the looks on your face but they are delicious and will help you build up your respective Rudiments and allow you to sustain an attack for a longer period," said a reassuring Chi-taki.

Shark was the first to taste his porridge. He placed a spoonful in his mouth while he looked at Troy, silently instructing him to call the ambulance if anything happened to him.

He swallowed and said in amazement, "This is absolutely delightful. I've never tasted anything like it."

Chi-taki smiled and looked at Troy who was now eating his porridge. After they finished their meals, they began the questioning again.

"It sounded like the two of you slept with that on your minds," said Chi-taki.

"Do you blame us? In one day, our entire world, what we knew to be true, what we held on deeply too, was all turned upside down, in a second," replied Shark.

"You're correct. I have never been in such a situation before. It must be very difficult for the two of you and all I can do is empathize to the best of my abilities," said Chi-taki.

Troy gazed deep into Chi-taki's green eyes while he said what was on the tip of his tongue. He did not care how insensitive it sounded. He wanted answers and given the day he had yesterday, he was owed.

"Then tell us what we want to hear. Please don't play these games anymore."

"You are right, no more games," said Chi-taki, his sight on the now blue waterfall. "As I said before, I will do my best. I will start with who the Hyods are."

It was not what they desired but it was a start. The knowledge of who the Hyods were could be a key to opening a gate to Earth, just in case Chi-taki's noble lord was not one of them or able too.

"The Hyods are eight strong and brave warriors who are the leaders of the Empire of Light and rulers of this land. They are the ones whom oppose and struggle against Omegon, the Messiah of Darkness."

Before Chi-taki could finish, something struck Shark at the mention of this dark master. He interjected with another question, one he felt was related to this Omegon character.

"Is Panthora one of them? Is she one of Omegon's minions?"

Chi-taki flinched at the mention of her name. "That's impossible? How do the two of you know of her? You are not from this world."

"She was the one who attacked us in our world and started this all," clarified Troy. "And that's how we discovered our Rudimental strength. It was the only way we could have survived the battle with her."

"Battle!" shrieked Chi-taki sounding still surprised.

"Yeah. We had to battle her for our lives," responded Shark.

It seemed by the mention of her name Chi-taki had knowledge of her and maybe able to clarify how she was able to infiltrate Earth and why she seemed to think they were the ones who imprisoned her.

"Unfortunately, we did not fare well against her. We were at her mercy when someone saved us or at least I think he was trying to save us. He was the one who opened the gate to your world and sent us here," continued Troy.

Chi-taki scampered up to Troy with haste. He nearly gave Troy a mini heart attack.

"Did you see who it was? Did you see the face of the one whom saved you?" asked a hectic Chi-taki.

Troy, still a little startled was now overcome by Chi-taki's sudden interest in the stranger. Did he know who it was? Was he the one on the way?

"No," retorted Troy.

Chi-taki's face expressed concern for this person and he had to wonder about that.

Troy took a bold stand and looked deeply into Chi-taki's large green eyes. "Do you know who he is? What his name is? Is he the one who will help us head back home?"

Chi-taki made a small movement. He looked to the glass window and the view of the now raging green falls.

"I knew of a warrior like so. A warrior who would risk his life for others without a second thought but it is impossible for it to be him, for he, he," and Chi-taki struggled to mentioned the last words, but finally said them with sadness on his face and in his voice, "He is no more."

It was what they feared, a dead end. Troy now wondered if Chi-taki's knowledge was truly limited or did someone limit it for him?

Was he a puppet and someone hidden was pulling all his strings? Maybe the puppet master was the one on his way.

An even terrible and chilling thought crossed their minds. Maybe Chi-taki was one of the Dark Warriors he spoke about? Maybe he was in cahoots with Panthora's master and delaying them until his master arrived.