Chapter 37: The Cries of the People

The sun was shining in all its glory and the great falls had changed its beautiful colour. It was now white. It had demonstrated change. It had signified light and hope. It was what they prayed for.

Troy and Shark watched Pyro and Chi-taki slice and dice giant nenwans and heave them into the boiling black cauldron, which simmered over a hot red flame huffed into existence by Pyro's breath.

"I cannot believe this is all happening. It seems so unreal. I want to wake up from this dream or should I say nightmare, but it doesn't seem possible."

"It's funny isn't it. This is what we've been trying all our lives to dispute and now we've been thrown into the heart of it. How ironic is that?"

"Well, I guess the universe wants us to learn that we've been complete jerks and it has decided to throw us into a world where mythological creatures and magic all exist," answered Troy, his sight on the trees and the falls.

They had no worries at all. They were aware of what their destiny was in life and accepted it without a second thought, but what were his and Shark's?

"This must be karma or payback, especially for Professor Valliant," said Shark.

Valliant's words were echoing in his head. He wanted to block out everything Valliant said to them, but his words were truly the strongest.

What would Valliant do in this situation? Would he accept what happened or would he panic like them?

"How long do you think we will be here?" asked a despondent Troy.

"Why do you say that? Chi-taki said his noble lord will be able to help us," reassured Shark.

However, the day grew older and he wondered where this person was?

"He said the noble lord will be able to help. He did not say in what way," replied a glum Troy.

"Well, I was hoping to do something about all this discrimination around here and I guess if we stay, I can help," said Shark with a somewhat comedic tone.

"I've watched you for the past day and I can see your attitude has done a complete one-eighty ever since you heard of all the unfair treatment in this world."

"I know you somewhat, secretly want to stay and help but we might be in danger if anyone else finds out where we're from," said Troy, with caution and intensity in his voice.

"I guess you're right. We've been attacked by every warrior and Beastial we've encountered so far, and we've only been here for two days," said Shark and he looked over at Chi-taki and Pyro.

"It must be hard on them, considering they must do this every day."

"I never thought of that. I guess we must be the biggest cowards to walk this land," retorted Troy with a second thought.

Chi-taki and Pyro had to endure the discretions of Axial, daily. Here he was looking for an easy way out, the safety of his home, the safety of his parents, and the safety of a world which could not compare to the perils of Chi-taki and Pyro's.

"There's something I just remembered," said a conflicted Shark.

"What?" asked Troy.

"When we were running away from Chi-taki, I recall seeing that boy. What was his name again? Oh yeah, Arion? He was talking to Chi-taki as if they're friends," whispered Shark, still staring at Pyro.

"Yeah. I remember that, but what's your point?" asked Troy, still puzzled.

"Don't you remember, this Arion guy was chasing Pyro who was the one in the red robe and Chi-taki knows them both but it appears they don't know each other," said Shark drawing Pyro's attention for a second.