Chapter 58: Heartfelt Goodbyes

Exhaustion and adrenaline were not two words which went together but for Shark, Troy, Arion and Pyro, it described them perfectly.

To say the final few months were hard for the four would be an understatement. It would be like saying Troy was dumb or Arion was a smiling, go lucky warrior. It was certainly not the truth.

They were constantly training at their max. They were studying hard in the 8 subjects with hopes it will help in the future.

History and Strategic Planning was crucial. Orestes who tutored the Apprentices in Lord Valliantious' absence spoke about various strong holds of the Light and Dark at the current time. Shark found this useful as it would give them a start as to where the most sacred place might be.

Artistry, Weaponry and Remedies taught by Lord Hallious was crucial to survival as they would rely on mother Axial to provide help in times of injury.

Lady Heliocana's Dialect and Deciphering tutorials were crucial for Troy. He needed to understand not only Caniferr but other languages that they might happen upon.

Arion focused on his strength with Lord Hyperiown's tutorial in Face-to-Face Combat and Brutality. He needed to be the best in order to protect those who were not up to his standard in their group of chosen warriors.

Pyro found Battle Tactics and Army Combat more important as having a plan was crucial and so he listened carefully to Lady Demetah.

They were locked in the Annals Chamber for hours, learning everything about herbs, the various environments they might encounter, the type of Beastials and warriors who might be after them.

The days did not have enough hours. Mornings seemed to come too fast and night seemed to fall too quickly.

Most of the time their body was drained, their minds were tired but their team and personal goals kept them going.

Arguments were constant especially between Pyro and Arion. When Pyro suggest they start on the continent of Hyoditic, the very place where the Den was located Arion would suggest they look in the gutter world where Pyro was from and suggested Terra Unda instead.

Shark would do his best to prevent physical fights from happening, reminding the two of what they were fighting for.

Troy ignored the conflicts as his true goal was to get home and in order to do so he needed to help recover the Prophecy of Luminosity before Omegon and his Dark Warriors did.

Those which included likes of the Ruincrucians, Top Ranked Warriors and the vanished Cinquant Generals who were supposedly gone and replaced by the minions of the Messiah on each continent.

Arion continued training with Lord Hyperiown and Lord Blackthorn at the same time, while keeping it from those whom he should trust.

Every occasion he entered the well, he could hear the voice he heard from the first time. It frightened him a little every time, however he instructed himself to focus and pay attention to his true goal which was becoming the strongest warrior.

The force which persisted to pull him to the ground was getting weaker with each journey into the tunnel. One hundred warriors like massive Elekants and Rhinrexs could not keep him from his goal, he would push forward.

On the last day, Blackthorn taught Arion how to raise dead thunder from the ground, one of the strongest Thunder abilities.

"Lift your hands into the air, repeatedly but without too much force. Pretend your hands are light as feathers and then lift them. Picture the strike of lightning as it impacts the soil and is grounded. Now summon it back up."