Chapter 8: The Clash

Planet - Axial 

Onyx was desperate to know his secrets so he could inform his superiors on how to prevent this from happening again and to find the traitor who helped him if there was one. 

And yes, there is a traitor who despises the light and is in waiting to usher in a new Age of Dominance. Unfortunately, for the Metal Warrior, there would be no chance for him to rectify this.

"I have no intentions of leaving or informing you as to how I got into the Archives."

"That is for me to know and if you," pointed the Dark One to Onyx with spite, "Attempt to stop me then death will befall you, a painful and excruciating death, one which no one will ever forget when they happen upon your body, you're soon to be corpse."

"Only you will be leaving through the gates to the Pit of Darkness," retorted Onyx through gritted teeth.

The Dark One laughed loudly and muttered what sounded like an incantation to Onyx who was panicking. If he failed the world as he knew it would be in grave peril.

The Dark One heaved his body into the air and the murky lavender colour faded away. He stopped in mid air and Onyx quickly glanced up to see him spin and form a tornado of fire, which engulfed him.

Onyx seemed surprised by such a feat.

The Dark One aimed himself towards Onyx, but Onyx jumped out of the way and onto the wall to avoid the assault.

The Dark One multiplied the tornado of fire to form two more and sent them directly at Onyx's heart.

Onyx merely escaped by heaving himself into the air and then to the ground several times to avoid the onslaught of fire which cascaded into the wall and left but not even a scratch.

The Dark One seized his action and stood there boldly and the murky lavender light his aura emitted reappeared.

"Come, come, show me how strong the Warriors of Metal are," said the Dark One tauntingly.

Onyx gawked at him with curiosity. The Warrior of Metal was trying to unearth the hood which concealed his identity. Onyx was attempting to gain access into his mind, to learn what his next move would be but his mind was a maze that would not be solved.

The Dark One just stood there, arms crossed. He was taunting Onyx to attack head on like a rampaging bullzion, to fall into his trap.

Onyx grasped and pulled the bronze handle of his thick golden sword. He roared like a bear and charged towards the Dark One who made no sudden movement of defence.

"Such a fool. Such a careless fool," whispered the Dark One.

Onyx inched closer and nearer to him. Onyx met the correct distance, and it was time for him to act. He called on his lengthy black sword with red shards and commenced charging.

"I will show you how a true warrior fights," said the Dark One.

The two clashed swords throughout the hallway. The clanking and embrace of the two blades echoed all over the Achieves like hammer on steel.

With every step they took, the hallway changed colours in response to their aura, murky lavender in one direction and silver in the other.

The two clashed swords for several minutes, however, Onyx was no match for the Dark One who was very versed in swordsmanship.

"You need a better master, unfortunately I will not allow you to find another," said the Dark One.

"I have the best," retorted Onyx, pushing down on his sword.

"Then he has failed you," replied the Dark One. "Or you have failed him."

With ease, the Dark One overpowered Onyx and kicked the golden sword out of his hand and elbowed him in the stomach. Onyx fell to the ground. Lying on the floor, he attempted to stand but the Dark One laughed at his endeavour.

"How pathetic," said the Dark One cruelly, "Given the honour to be a Guardian of the great Rothom Archives and you fail on your first day. I will be doing you a favour by ending it all."

"The scriptures will tell the tale of how you fell to a powerful warrior and no one will know you did not even stand a chance."

Onyx attempted to rise once more but the Dark One kicked him in the stomach and he rolled over onto his back in excruciating pain.

Onyx looked up at the Dark One and said in a low hoarse voice, "You might be able to kill me, but there will be other's who will take my place, others who are stronger, and others who will wipe the Archives floor with you."

The Dark One became irritated with Onyx's words. He took his sword and slashed Onyx on the flesh of his chest, making him cry out. This would not be a repeat like with the jade tigers.

Onyx's silver aura was now dimming. Without any aid, he would soon be departing the land of the living and he the Dark One would be one step closer to his goal.

"I was right such honours were wasted upon you. The ones who put you in charge must have made a grave mistake," whispered the Dark One into Onyx's ear.

At that second, something fell into place in Onyx's mind it seemed, and he gazed at the blurred figure of the Dark One.

"Who are you? Do I know you? Are we acquainted somehow?" pleaded Onyx reluctantly