Chapter 57: Secret Training

We are almost to the end of the story. Happy Reading!!!

Arion and Flain reached the outside of the House, and into the dark night which was dressed with stars and the giant silver moon which looked so close it was as if one could reach out with their hand and pick it like a pomapple from a tree.

"Where are you taking me?" asked a confused yet cautious Arion.

Flain replied while looking at the small rainforest bordering the House of Wind, "Why do you think that bastard Hyflame is so strong?"

"I have heard at nights; he goes to another for training. So, one night I saw him and I decided to follow him and it was so. I was amazed at what this warrior was teaching him."

Maybe it made sense as to why Hyflame was always vanishing and why every time he reappeared, he had learned some new feat.

Another, perhaps a greater teacher than the Hyods was helping him excel unlike Lord Valliantious, Lord Valliantious who could perform miracles with a touch but deemed it unnecessary to teach him.

Arion swiftly moved to Flain and said, "You'd better not be lying to me."

"This is not a lie," reassured Flain. "I saw them with my own two eyes. This warrior's methods were exceptional. Hyflame does not go there anymore, for some reason so I decided to ask the teacher to train me and he granted my request."

"And you think he will be willing to teach me?" asked a curious Arion.

Flain replied looking up at him, "I am sure if we ask nicely, he will do it."

Arion scowled at Flain and said, "I've seen you use niceness and most of the time it doesn't get you anywhere."

Flain did not reply to Arion's comment, instead he made his way through the stone archway which led into the thick and luscious rainforest.

Arion followed when he heard Flain utter unfamiliar words into the air while he raised his hands half way.

"Are you speaking in tongues? What're you saying? What're you doing?" hollered Arion.

"It's the only way to enter," replied Flain. "These other languages, the old languages of Axial, precisely Um-Thezn are what Hyflame use to project."

Arion could feel a shroud of something unusual ensnaring him like the silkiness of a scarf, but he could not put his hands on what it was.

They soon arrived at a bushy area and Flain made his way into the green flaming rose bush and came upon a limestone well, filled with exquisite blue water.

Arion followed and looked down the well which looked deep and never endin.

"I've never seen this here before and I've trained in this forest for half of my life," said Arion, wondering of all the little hidden areas and mysteries that the Hall had not disclosed to him.

It was a puzzle which he assumed he had solved but now there seemed to be another or perhaps more underneath or where he could not see.

He looked all around. It was like Chi-taki's hidden garden, a garden no one but a few were allowed access too.

Flain looked at him and replied, "I know. I've used this forest as my passage way to Lord Hallious's training grounds and I too have never seen this, until that night I followed Hyflame."

Flain was in front of the well and pulled the two stones on each side together and using a flow of mercury from his palm, he poured it onto the stone.

Arion looked carefully at Flain's actions. He had his reserves about Flain who claim to have trained with the best but yet did not exude such even when pushed to the brink.