Chapter 22: A Warning from the Trees

"But it doesn't make any sense for the trees to try and hurt us now," replied Troy.

"What are you talking about?" asked Shark.

"Don't you get it," replied Troy, pointing at the branch, "It could've done it when we were asleep. We were defenceless unlike now. No, it's trying to tell us something, but what?"

Troy was a bit frightened by his observation. He was sure of his answer, not like when he was conducting experiments and making inferences.

Shark remembered the trees seemingly waving its branch earlier like it was saying hello. "I think you're right?"

The branches of all the north trees began shaking towards the south entryway.

"You think it heard us?" asked Shark, his attention on the south point.

"Yeah. I think it did and I think they are trying to warn us of danger," replied Troy to a now scared Shark.

The branches shifted their direction to the east entry point and the attention of the two shifted. They were not given a chance to affix their gaze when the branches shifted upwards.

The two darted their sight vertically to see the cheetah man soaring down with his claws out and his fierce looking face aiming his angry concentration at them.

Shark's heart was pounding. He stood there paralyzed, but Troy hurriedly grabbed him by the arm, tugging him to run once more for their lives.

Chi-taki landed and bellowed out in a husky voice, "I am not going to hurt you. I am here to help."

Shark shouted to Troy while they raced over fallen tree limbs, thick long weeds, and dove under low branches.

"Don't believe him. It's a ploy to get close to us so he can eat us or he works for Panthora's master."

Troy agreed as they reached a short grass field. Their lungs cried out for them to stop and take a breather, but they could not oblige even with the feeling of wanting to throw up and pass out.

The cheetah man was still after them and breaking through the bushes like an insane creature after precious gold.

Shark noticed another forest at the end of the field, filled with thick fog and recalled how their day began with thick uncanny fog.

"Let's get to that forest," said the pointing Shark. "The fog can help us hide, hopefully long enough for him to give up."

"I am up for anything which would ensure we can escape him," replied a bustling Troy.

"Come back! I will not hurt you! I am your friend!" howled Chi-taki.

The two ignored him and instigated their run to the field when all of a sudden, they were in front of the forest as if they were hauled towards it by their naval.

"How in the world?" said Shark.

"I don't know," replied a puzzled Troy. "I don't know but I don't care to go through that again."

The cheetah man was still in pursuit when they heard him roar to the sky. Lightning engulfed him and began converting him into the primitive cat he resembled.

It looked like he was giving birth with the cat bursting out of him like a child, black spotted and all.

"He's even faster now," said a panicking Shark.

"Then let's be faster," replied Troy.

The fog became thicker as they entered the forest and it looked like the trees were now running with them.

They stopped and saw how they were no longer at the outskirt of the forest but at the heart of it.

Chi-taki stopped before entering the forest. He converted back into his previous stature with the aid of engulfing lightning. He sniffed the forest it seemed for the two's scent and then he leapt into the forest and vanished.

+++

It was a sight to behold so beautiful and majestic. If it were on Earth, all would make it their mission to journey to it so they can relish in the sight before them.

If Shark and Troy saw it, they would truly stop to take in the marvel which was just above them or a far way above them, regardless of the danger present.

It was an upturned mountain floating above a dessert plane, the Plutus (Plu-tus) Dessert on the west, volcanic mountains, the Marsas (Mars-as) Lands on the east, rapid waterfalls, the Neptunis (Nep-tune-iss) Rivers on the north and a forest, the Dianis (Di-ann-is) Forest on the south.

This majestic and beautiful place was Apprentice Hall. It consisted of nine regal white marble buildings surrounded by long white columns, some with the base of wolves, spiral dragons, alligators, and phoenixes.

Each House represented one of the eight unique Rudiments of Axil and Hyods and the ninth was placed on top of a steep hill where the eight Hyods, the fighters for the Light, held meetings.

Seated on top of the roofs were various noble Beastials which represented the character of the Hyod whom ruled over that House.

On top of the House of Wind was a royal, onyx, bald eagle. On the peak of the House of Water lay a ravenous, sapphire, hammerhead shark.

The House of Wood hosted a bold standing, emerald tiger, while a venomous, ruby komodo dragon sat on the House of Fire.

The House of Metal had a fearsome, diamond rhino while the House of Ice, which was deserted, had a mysterious, cerulean polar bear.

A pallid, courageous, bull snorted on the roof of the House of Thunder and an adventurous, brown stag protected the House of Earth.

All the Beastials would make unpredictable movements throughout the day and night, sometimes frightening a passerby who was not prepared for their sudden move.

The Houses were also positioned on unique planes. In front of the House of Water was a beautiful lake, while a river of lava bordered the House of Fire and forests surrounded the House of Wood.

Apprentice Hall was a place where exceptional students attended to develop their special Rudimental powers, under the teaching of the now seven strong and noble Hyods. 

Question:

1) What do you think about going to school on an upside down floating mountain and learning to use the elements?

2) Is the cheetah like man a.k.a. Chi-taki friend or foe in regards to Shark and Troy?