Chapter 60: Falling Warrior

We have come to the end of the line of the Radiant Warrior and Revelation of the Chosen.

Warning there are sad moments ahead.

Thank you all for journeying with Arion, Troy, Pyro, Shark and myself on this crazy, frightening but exciting adventure in the magical land of Axial.

Thank you for all the reads, votes and great comments. I did not think I would get this reaction about the RW and I was scared to publish it but WOW, thank you all so much.

Happy Reading!!!

It was like all the hope and points of light in the world were going out and leaving them in despair and darkness. Doomed for all eternity. 

There was only one warrior who could extract such feelings from them. Omegon, the Messiah of Darkness was before them. 

He was draped in a long dark robe and appeared to sway back and forth from the illusion of the flames.

A mask in the form of a golden skull with two long black tusks, a ruby horn and a black sun disc concealed his hideous and deformed face. It glowed like the dark of space.

His eyes appeared raven like, but lavender in colour.

The four's breathing increased heavily. Smoke escaped from their nostrils and mouths like it was a cold winter's day.

"This is the face of Darkness," murmured Arion, trying his best not to abandon the cause while he embraced himself with his arms.

He could see Pyro and Troy at either side of him but that invisible veil around him made him feel like he was all alone, facing the terror before him by himself.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet, to finally come face to face with my greatest foes," said a pleased Omegon.

"Look at them. They are too afraid to answer, too afraid to even look at you," said Chrome with a smirk underneath his mask as he crossed his arms.

"So, the four of you are the ones who have been chosen to find the key to end my life and my Empire's reign," continued Omegon as if he was asking a question and did not believe they were the answers.

"We," said a shivering Pyro. "We. We. We are the chosen warriors. We will do the unthinkable."

The aura the Messiah of Darkness emitted was dreadful. It might even be plausible he could scare Death herself.

How were they going to fight him? They could barely stand before pure Darkness without their knees wanting to buckle like a building detonated from below. They were too petrified to move an inch much less summon their rudiments.

They prayed for some form of purpose and action since the last months were unproductive, but this was not what they expected. It was too soon. They were not remotely ready to face the greatest foe to two worlds.

"Lord Valliantious, we, we, we" stuttered a whispering Shark. "We, need you. We can't do this without you. Please help us."

Wasn't the hero supposed to meet the chief villain at the end after they had accomplished all they needed to and were at their strongest? That was how it happened in books and movies so why was the Messiah of Darkness here?

Did he not know it was not time for his appearance? Did he miss the memo? But then again this was real life and unpredictable as it came.

"It's the end. We're doomed. We've failed. There will be no victory. Mom, dad, I'm sorry," cried a sinking Troy.

His eyes were wandering crazily everywhere but at the Messiah of Darkness. Would the end be painful or quick, or would it be long and drawn out?

"This can't happen. I mustn't let it. We have to face him. We just have too," murmured a brave sounding Pyro.