Chapter 33: The Hyods

Thanks to all of those who read and enjoy the Radiant Warrior. Please continue to vote, comment and share with your friends and followers. Happy Reading. 

Was he a puppet and someone hidden was pulling all his strings? Maybe the puppet master was the one on his way.

An even terrible and chilling thought crossed their minds. Maybe Chi-taki was one of the Dark Warriors he spoke about? Maybe he was in cahoots with Panthora's master and delaying them until his master arrived.

But this was Chi-taki, the one who has done so much for them in a short period. He had proven himself to be a friend.

Shark decided to take the first step to rebuilding their trust. He placed the conversation back on track.

"You were mentioning the Hyods and this Omegon, who are they again?"

"The Hyod's are the most respectable and noble warriors I have ever laid eyes on. They reside in the majestic Othyrus (O-thigh-rus) Castle, however know one is allowed there except the ones approved by a unanimous vote from them."

"Only the strongest of warriors in strength and heart are permitted to live there and become it's defender like the Hyods," replied Chi-taki, his head a bit down.

"I have never been to the Othyrus Castle and only the ones whom live there know of its secret location and what it looks like."

"We have seen you perform such daring deeds so why haven't you been asked to live there?" asked a perplexed Shark.

"Well, I personally do not know why however, I do have a theory," responded Chi-taki, now stroking his chin hair while he looked down at the ground with another depressing expression on his face.

"What is it?" asked Troy.

"I believe some of the Hyods might not appreciate my talents like the two of you do," answered Chi-taki.

"I don't get it? If they are as omnipotent as you've made them out to be then why don't they recognized a great warrior when they see one," said an irate Shark.

Chi-taki smiled at Shark seemingly sending thanks for his words.

"I adore the Hyods and so do many others and I believe some of them are the most knowledgeable and caring warriors I have ever heard of."

"Then there are the others who see my kind as being wild and disloyal because some Morphmals, not all, especially not I, tend to switch sides easily depending on who is in power. I believe some of the Hyods feel I might be one of the defectors."

"But that's not fair," howled Shark. "It's not fair you are judged because of the actions of others, that's discrimination."

Shark felt himself inside Chi-taki's shoes and many others whom he himself had denied many things too because they were not popular or from a certain social hierarchy.

He wished for a second chance to say how sorry he was and to make amends. Maybe this land he was thrown into was karma for all the wrongs he had committed.

Chi-taki looked at Shark intensely, sending him looks of thanks once more.

"Unfortunately, some warriors are looked upon as being substandard or of lower class, like Morphmals."

"Then we have to do something about that," said a bold Shark.

Troy's eyes fell on him and he could see the intensity on his best friend's face. It looked like Shark wanted change, in a land he had limited, very limited knowledge of.

Personally, he felt bad for Chi-taki but what could Shark do? He was one boy who knew absolutely nothing about the political system in play. He had to bring Shark back to reality and quick.