Chapter 56: Provoked and Unapologetic

Thank you everyone for your support, even those who are not a member of wattpad but read the RW. Enjoy the chapter below. 

Time had flown faster than eagle which perched on Lord Valliantious' House. It was almost the end of the semester.

Training and tutorials had intensified and to Shark exams were near which he dreaded like going to the dentist. Arion and Pyro thrived in training and tutorials while Troy rose to the top in lectures.

Night fell and the moon prepared to present herself to Axial while everyone at the training grounds returned to their respective Houses.

The four Warriors of Light were immediately summoned by Valliantious to his chambers as soon as they entered through the first threshold of the House.

They witnessed Hyflame and Flain exiting his chamber. What was going on? Was there another infiltration into the Hall? Were more warriors from the Othyrus Castle going to be guarding the various thresholds of the Hall?

"Why have you summoned us my Lord?" asked Arion, very confounded.

"I am sorry. I only meant to summon Shark and Troy," apologised Valliantious.

"You are preparing to train them again, aren't you?" said Arion with a scorned tone.

Pyro, Shark, and Troy could feel the tension of jealousy rise like the vapours on a winter morning at a hot spring. Arion needed to vent. It was the only way he would release the anger he felt lately towards Lord Valliantious.

Shark was ready to learn the one thing he wanted to from the beginning and that was the art of materialization which was the last tutorial taught. However, he would have to take the back seat to Arion in the car or as they say on Axial, the back seat in the chariot.

"I am. I need the two to be very well prepared for this war. Lord Blackthorn was absolutely correct when you all were introduced to him at the beginning of the semester."

"The journey the four of you are about to commence will be very dangerous so I will teach them to the best of my abilities," answered Valliantious.

Arion clenched his fist and Valliantious turned to the other three, "Please allow me some time with Arion. I will summon you after the private session with my grandson."

The three clasped their hands and bowed in acknowledgement.

Pyro headed down to the main corridor and Shark and Troy decided to join him for some strategizing.

Valliantious still enchanted by the radiant moonlight said, "Let it all out."

Arion played the role of the fool and replied, "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean," replied a frank Valliantious.

Arion moved over to the glass cabinet and the moonlight followed him. It displayed moving statues of all the warriors Lord Valliantious treasured and trained like a minotaur, a morphmal, a centaur and many more.

"Why have you not asked me to train with you?" asked Arion while staring down at a dragon.

"You are strong already," replied Valliantious.

Arion, clutched one of the archer statues and it attempted to break lose. He abruptly turned to Lord Valliantious and shouted, "Then why haven't you trained me yourself."

"I've never seen you train anyone at this Hall but now you're willing to train two new warriors whom shouldn't have even been at this Hall in the first place."

"Everyone," Valliantious replied roughly, "Are not on a journey of life and death, like you and the others."

"I am well aware you and Pyro can hold your own and with my help, like that of Lord Ponthious, Troy and Shark will be able to do the same. And they are not just anyone. They are your friends, your teammates, the chosen warriors."