Chapter 48: Doublegangers

The silver white glow of the moon pierced through the massive window of Chi-taki's Den where Lord Valliantious stood.

His cape changed from day to the night sky; however, the hurricanes and clouds were still bustling. There was a storm on the horizon and the Lord of Wind could feel it.

Troy and Shark were still amazed that their part-time professor, who would come and go at different times of the school year, was one of the great Hyods they have heard so much about. They still had many questions to ask which Chi-taki could not answer.

"So, that is where you went my Lord, when you vanished for months," said Arion, one mystery finally solved. "You went to another word. A world thought to be a myth by some but lost for others."

He thought his beloved Lord was tracking down some trail which would lead to the Messiah of Darkness but he was wrong. Lord Valliantious was secretly keeping an eye on the strange and weak Earth Humantians, Troy and Shark.

"Yes, but it had to be kept a secret for obvious reasons," replied Valliantious.

"I have more important things to ask," interrupted Troy. "I hope you don't mind."

"What is it?" asked Valliantious.

"Well Professor, I mean Lord Valliantious. I gave you the benefit of the doubt you knew we were," and Troy pointed to his bobbing chest, "The chosen warriors since you are the great Lord but can't you do some of your magic and find out whom it was that sent us here and what his intensions were in doing so?"

He was convinced like his alter ego Valliant; the Wind Lord was good at delivering riddles and nothing more. But maybe he would be able to discern the truth, not from his answer but from his expression and body language.

"Again, I wish I knew," replied Valliantious, not catching Troy's frown. "He must be a powerful warrior for he is eluding detection. I strongly believe he is a fighter for the Light, otherwise; he would have helped Panthora in capturing both of you."

"It appears he was aware before the rest of the Hyods and myself that the two of you were the chosen warriors. I can only infer that it was the reason why he sent you from Earth to Axial."

"It is after all, both of your destiny to be here. He probably sensed I was on my way to do the exact same. The only difference was Panthora had entered the picture and he decided to fulfill two things with one flick."

Shark gazed at Chi-taki; whose back was turned to them. He witnessed the feline's ears flickering just like he expected it too.

Lord Valliantious on the other hand, sounded like he was translating the actions of the mysterious warrior.

Where was this warrior now? Why was he trying so hard to elude Lord Valliantious' detection or then again was it truly Lord Valliantious' detection he was trying to avoid or was it the Messiah of Darkness'.

"I don't mean to pry Lord Valliantious, but I thought only the Hyods can open gates and only with a consensus from all who sit on the council," exclaimed Arion, drawing the attention of Shark and Troy.

"Yes, that is absolutely true," retorted Valliantious with zero ounce of worry in his voice. "However, there might be others out there who can open gates which we are unaware of and this hero might be one of them."

Arion grunted. "Let's not call him a hero until we know for sure who he is."

"Well, I believe he's a hero for saving Shark and Troy," commented Pyro with ulterior motives.

Arion did not pay any attention to the comment. He was cleverer. He would not engage in a showdown especially with Lord Valliantious present.

"I have one more question, Lord Valliantious," said Troy.