Chapter 50: New School, New Curriculum

How could one sleep after everything which was disclosed to them? He had yearned for answers to his questions ever since Axial and its deadly inhabitants became real to him.

He did not think the reply would be like an anchor tied to his foot and dragging him deeper into the depths of the abyss.

Most in the room respected the truth as an honour but for Troy, it placed him and Shark in more danger. A target on their backs. Being a chosen warrior to him was not a blessing but a curse but how would he convey such to Pyro and Arion whom revelled in it.

The four awoke to the brazen sunlight peering through the massive window where they lay underneath, on straw made divans.

Even Pyro and Arion hardly slept through the night for the news they heard last evening was all too overwhelming and the only fixation on their minds.

Lord Valliantious arrived early in the morning to escort them. Pyro was nervous and apprehensive but not like Shark and Troy whose stomachs were filled with butterflies of fear. Pyro and Chi-taki gave them a confidence boost but Arion did nothing of the sorts.

"I have to inform my clan or else they will be worried and try to find me," said Pyro to Lord Valliantious. "Who knows what trouble might befall them if they leave the sanctuary of the Underground City."

This was something he secretly desired all his life. The training the Hyods provided would enable him to help end the tyranny which surrounded the world and hopefully end the division of class.

His presence as a chosen warrior could convince other warriors to give the clan a chance. To show they were not dangerous at all but a ploy from Dark Warriors to keep them from helping in the Third Great War, which was coming.

"Fine then go but remember to get to Apprentice Hall, you cannot materialize there only dematerialize," said Arion almost understanding to Pyro's dilemma.

"Since you are of fire, head to the volcanic planes and summon the vessel at where the four lava rivers meet. Use the words Valliantious, not the Hyod of Fire for safe passage," instructed Valliantious.

After the meals had been eaten, Pyro asked Chi-taki for a moment of his time. "Please venture with me to the Underground City, a place you have heard so much about."

"After all this time, why now?" asked a curious Chi-taki.

"Please, you just need to trust me," replied Pyro.

Action and presence spoke louder than words and distance, something he would rely on as soon as he informed the clan, he was departing for betterment which would benefit them hopefully in the long run.

"Of course. I will trust you. You are my son," replied Chi-taki with a nod.

"Thank you," said Pyro.

The cluster proceeded outside of the den, under the cloak of mist produced by Valliantious. The air was fresh, the grass damp and the scent of maple entered their nostril to highlight the start of a good morning.

"Before we all part ways, you Pyro, Shark, and Troy need to change into proper attire or else you will stand out too much and suspicions will arise even quicker," articulated Valliantious.

He aimed his right hand towards them and said, "Attium In Mindium."

A herd of winds encircled the three. The wind blew Pyro and Troy's long hair in all directions. They could not feel anything. Troy expected to feel his clothes departing his body while the replacements circled their way around his skin, but nothing. He didn't even feel a chill.