Chapter 34: The Ruincrucians

Chi-taki continued to describe the Hyods.

"Lady Heliocana (Hel-e-o-cana), like her little sister Lady Demetah, hid her emblem and weapons in a safe place and away from her enemies who wanted to get their hands onto it. She is not as beautiful as her sister and is older and somewhat robust."

"Her Beastial is the gruesome Komodo dragon. Lady Heliocana is like her Rudiment, heated, and easily irritated. She is very selective. If you become her enemy, it might stay that way for a very long time."

"I hate to be the one who has to be trained by her," said Shark.

She sounded like Professor Trentworth and probably gave out more gruesome punishment than him.

"Poor guy or girl," said Troy.

"Lord Hyperiown (Hi-purr-e-own) is the Hyod of Thunder. He is always red and gets darker if he gets angry or light red when he is happy. His Beastial is the courageous bull and his emblem is stored away in a safe place as well."

"If Lord Hyperiown takes a liking to you, he will do his best to train and defend you. He prides himself in producing strong warriors, but if you anger him, his rage has no bounds."

Shark whispered to Troy, "I would definitely not like to meet him," but Troy was not paying attention.

Somehow Troy was already analyzing every word Chi-taki said, to find answers to all their problems.

Troy was becoming infuriated with not receiving the answers he wanted. He needed some actual pertinent information; however, Chi-taki delivered nothing of the sort.

"The Hyod of Metal is Lord Hallious (Hal-e-us). He is fearsome and strong. He is the blacksmith of the Hyods. He is the youngest and most handsome. His Beastial is the bold rhino. Lord Hallious is very gifted and kind. He is always striving to help others."

"He is always seen in the field helping to build homes and cities. His work is spectacular and cannot be compared to another. He is also one of the top Mediciners. His potions and remedies work miracles on the sick."

"He sounds friendly, but would he be able to help us?" said Shark.

"I don't think so," replied Troy.

"The Hyod of Wood is the second eldest of the Hyods. His name is Lord Blackthorn. His emblem is concealed like many of his siblings. His Beastial is the gutsy tiger. He is currently the leader of the Hyods. He to me is very reserved. He sits back and observes before he acts."

Chi-taki ended with the description of the Hyods and continued on to talking about the Hyod's journey to end the reign of the Messiah of Darkness.

Troy noticed something was missing from Chi-taki's narrative and if he could do his calculations correctly, he was right.

"Wait, wait," interrupted Troy. "If I am not mistaken, you have only described seven of the eight Hyods. Why didn't you mention anything about the eighth Hyod? If I'm not mistaken, it should be the Hyod of Ice."

Shark got a jolt. The one who saved them used the Ice Rudiment. This could be the answer to who saved them and what his intensions were.

"He has been gone for a very long time," said a reluctant Chi-taki. "No one has heard from him in ages. Apparently, he did something to the other Hyods and departed for uncharted lands."

"What did he do exactly?" asked a puzzled Shark.

He was entwined in what might be some form of a drama which involved the Hyods.

He thought they were somewhat omnipotent, always agreed with each other and came to the same conclusion. It was how Chi-taki made them out be.

"Let us end it at that," said Chi-taki while he gave Shark a stern look.

Shark caught sight of Chi-taki's message and seized his questions, for now.

"The Hyods wrestle against the Empire of Dark to retain their rule. The Dark are led by the most ominous and deadly warrior to ever walk the land of the living. His name as I said before is Omegon, the Messiah of Darkness."

"He was born from hatred, anger, murder, vengeance, jealousy and when anyone dreams, thinks, or acts in any of those ways, they fuel him and he grows stronger."

"In the name of all that is decent, he sounds horrifyingly, well, dark," said Shark with a terrifying look on his face.

He wished to never meet this Omegon face to face or in his dreams. Chi-taki made him sound like he could scare Death and the Boogeyman away.

"The Messiah of Darkness," said Chi-taki with a serious expression on his face, "Wants to have both Worlds shrouded in pure Dark."

"Excuse me!" exclaimed a taken aback Troy. "Did you just say, both worlds?"

Ch-taki's words sent chills down their spines. Home no longer seemed to be a place of escape from the Kingdom of Rudiments and its ongoing war.

"Yes, both worlds. The Messiah of Darkness knows Earth, the Lost Kingdom of Man exists and I fear he might have the knowledge of its whereabouts. It will no longer be a safe if he succeeds in the Third Great War to come," replied Chi-taki with sorrow on his face.

"If there is no way to currently stop him then we have to find one," said Shark.

His beloved home was his safe haven. His parents were his rock. He could not fathom anything happening to them.

The more he hears about this Omegon person, the more he pictures his world in ruins and his parents laying still at the feet of a dark and hazy figure. It made his heart hurt and cry.

"I wish you luck, but no one has seen him since the Second Great War. His whereabouts remain a secret from all."

"He has sent forth his followers to slaughter, pilfer, and murder throughout the land so the denizens would continue to fear him even if he did not show his deadly presence. He would still be able to inflict apprehension."

"The mystery surrounding him is good enough to keep his regime going. He mainly sends his Ruincrucians (Ruin-crew-she-ans) to do his dirty work. I believe he is weak since fighting in the war and giving life to his Ruincrucians."

"Ruincrucians? What are Ruincrucians? Is that another word or name for children?" asked Shark.

"Well, if you mean younglings then his Ruincrucians are his children in a way," replied Chi-taki.

"If I remember my readings clearly, he took several forms before and during the Second Great War. How many, I'm not sure."

"Now he has given life to each as a separate warrior so they can all exist in the same period of time, now. Rumour has it he can control their minds even from afar if he desires," finished Chi-taki.

"Do you know any of their names?" asked Troy.

"The only names I know of are General Chrome," replied Chi-taki his sight on them. "And Panthora."