Chapter 10- Flashbacks and Challenges

The couple finished their breakfast and headed to class, first, making a stop at the locker room for their books. Marinette was in deep thought as she pulled out her book. Thoughts of her prior conversation with Adrien played through her mind, making her smile. 

-Flashback-

"So, do you like the dorm? Adrien asked shily, earning a small smile, and a nod from Marinette. Adrien cleared his throat before continuing. " You were right, by the way. You know about me using my name to convince them to let me dorm with you. I- I'm sorry. I just wanted to at least make one of our last wishes come true," he confessed shily. 

Marinette was confused but then looked around the room. "I remembered the night we talked for hours designing our future dorm and making plans for our future. I guess I still wanted that, and I thought that part of you still did too."  Adrien chuckled silently.  He couldn't understand why he was being this emotional. This was for the bet, right? 

"I guess it was kind of stupid, considering you hate me," he added sadly. 

Adrien had lied to Nino. He told Nino he wanted to be close to remind her of the friendship she there behind and then the only reason he was trying to get closer to Marinette was the bet, but it wasn't. He missed her, he really did, but every time he'd get close, he would panic and run. It wasn't because he didn't want to, but because he was scared. He was scared that she would reject him again, it still hurt to know he had to lose her to save her. Of course, no one but Kagami knew that. This year was different though he wanted to fix things which is why he tried really hard to set the dorm as she had designed it. Not that he would have ever had the guts to admit it if it wasn't for that dumb bet. 

Marinette sat with her eyes widened. She had honestly forgotten all about that. She had given all the designs to Adrien, and after they stopped talking, she tried her hardest to erase every memory of him from her mind. But, here he was, making their dream dorm while trying to fix their relationship. Marinette was sure she was dreaming.

End of flashback

Marinette still couldn't believe Adrien remembered, or that he actually went out of his way to make their dream happen

Marinette still couldn't believe Adrien remembered, or that he actually went out of his way to make their dream happen. She wished he knew just how much that meant to her, but she was scared of what could happen if she let herself trust him again. 'Maybe it is time to let go of the past. It's obvious I am the only one holding on to it, and he is clearly trying,' Marinette thought. 

Meanwhile, Adrien grabbed his books and turned to walk toward Marinette. She looked like she was lost in thought, but what made Adrien's heart flutter was the angelic smile on her face. He was about to snap her out of her thoughts when-

Flashback

Marinette smiled, her lips all swollen and red, "I love you too, my kitty. With all my heart." Adrien pulled her back in for a passionate kiss. "Say your mine, princess. Please tell me your mine," he begged in between kisses. "I'm yours, Adrien, only yours."