11.

*TW: Alcohol and Drug Use.

I turned up at Dani's place early in the afternoon.

Feeling slightly frustrated, I was grateful to be around my girls. Mica had been texting me almost every hour since the game and it was starting to get under my skin.

The texts started while Tara and I were getting our smoothies and didn't stop even after I had fallen asleep just after 12am.

Instead of waking up at my normal time... late in the morning, I was alerted by a new round of texts at 8am.

I would have turned my phone off but Dani and Tara were sending me texts about last minute bits n pieces for their outfits tonight.

The one positive of waking up so early was that I ended up going on a run with mum.

She was surprised to say the least when she saw me trudge down the stairs in my activewear, but happy for the company.

I read the first few messages that came through last night, completely ignoring the rest. Being left on 'seen' was probably doing all sorts of things to that boys ego.

Elijah had also texted, just once. An apology text. If he wanted to apologise, he was going to have to man up and speak to me in person.

The plan for the arvo was to get ready together, while pre-gaming. Even Tara joined us at Dani's, which made my day even better.

Dani has this way of making people feel important. When you're talking, she actually looks at you. Not at her phone, not off into the distance. She looks AT you.

It's not even like she's intense about it. She's just giving you her undivided attention.

Tara and Dani get along so well, it makes my heart happy. It feels like I'm home again.

Tara's not a drinker so she offered to be our DD. Who am I to turn down an offer from a friend.

"We owe you one, Tara." I thank her.

"Don't mention it. I was driving there anyway. This way I get to turn up with two hot chicks...please don't leave me tonight. I think only Paul's coming from my group." Her confidence faltering slightly.

"Promise T. If Paul doesn't nab you, I'll stay by your side...Fair warning though, I get pretty energetic when I'm wasted. Like go for a 3km run in heels type energetic. Oh, fuck. Does Mica have a pool. Please tell me he doesn't."

Laughing, Dani assures me that there's no pool but there is a tennis court. "Well that's no help. Make sure I don't try and climb the fence please."

It's a 100% genuine request.

Tara looks very worried.

Standing in front of Dani's full length mirror, we all take a final look at our outfits before they get messy.

Tara looks adorable in her Slytherin outfit. Black ribbed sleeveless turtle neck tucked into a short green plaid school skirt. Sheer black stockings with a seam running down the back of her legs and flat ankle boots.

Throwing on a black blazer she gets a 10/10 for stylishness.

Dani's outfit surprised me a little. Not that I should have assumed anything anyway, but still.

Her hair is up in a tight pony tail and she smeared a little fake blood over her cheek. She is wearing scrubs with a toy stethoscope hanging around her neck, fake blood also splattered over them.

When we went shopping I asked her how this outfit was Halloweeny. She replied by putting vampire teeth in her mouth, growling, "I've come to take your blood" in a vampish accent.