21.

Helping dad with the team Monday afternoon, went much more pleasantly than last time.

I didn't give Brad half the lip I usually do and he kept his head down, only grumbling a reply when he had to. This is how he had been during lunches too. I didn't mind. He hadn't apologised and was acting like a little child so screw him.

After training was done, Elijah invited me out with the guys. Apparently, they head to a local diner most Monday evenings.

Getting the nod from Dad and sending a quick text to Mum, I hoped in the back of Mica's car.

Pulling up in front of Ruth's Diner I was met with an eclectic-industrial-modernish restaurant. I mean, it had everything that a diner needed, sans women wearing 50's style outfits with aprons and checkered flooring.

Instead the room featured polished concrete flooring, tan leather booths up against the windows, brushed metal fixtures and not a fluorescent light in sight.

I loved it.

Taking a seat next to the window, Elijah slides in next to me smiling up at Mica who slides into the booth opposite me. Taylor taking the spot next to him.

There's a table adjacent that a few others sit at while the booths on either side get filled up by the team.

Once everyone has ordered their meals, One of the guys starts talking about the chick he's planning on taking to the winter dance, which starts everyone off. What a bunch a girls. Elijah drapes his arm over the high backed booth seat behind me, his expression looking smug as fuck, I just roll my eyes at him. A few asking me if the girls they're interested in have already been asked out or even if I think they'd say yes. From there the conversation slowly descends into stupid boy territory which I try and ignore.

Taylor's telling me how well he's been doing since I've helped him study. He's not so worried about the upcoming exams. Once our failed study afternoon was done, we decided to head to the library and not his home where there are way to many fun distractions.

I didn't invite him to mine for obvious reasons.

Once our meals are placed in front of us, I chomp down a massive chunk of my burger, smiling happily as Mica chuckles at me. Simmons grabs my attention from the table next to us.

"Leila, Arms or abs." Ugh, I thought I had the all clear on their stupid convo, considering my mouth is full of carbs and meat and I had completely ignored the degenerates surrounding me.

Holding a finger up while I try and swallow the deliciousness in my mouth I eventually answer with, "Neither."

"C'mon now." Simmons prompts smirking at me.

"Fine. Hey boys, smile for me. Oh yea that's it, woooo smile harder, yea baby." Finishing my fake moaning, I take another bite of my burger.

"Really. A smile." He looks unimpressed. "That's what has you panting?"

Shrugging is all I can do with the mouthful I have. Elijah silently chuckling at me.

Mica's nodding his head, his bottom lip jutting out. "You know sometimes you surprise me with how wholesome you can be... despite the moaning."

Swallowing, I give him a big cheesy smile. Elijah husky voice washes over me. "I'm sure you enjoy other toned parts on a guy." With a knowing lop sided grin.

"Oh, god yes. But, you won't have that forever." I shrug. "Anywho, now that you've all guessed the girls, it's my go." I clear my throat.

"Mica your 100% an ass guy, Taylor your a boob man and Simmons over there is a thigh guy. Ain't that right, Simmons." I rattle off a few others and take a long sip of my soda.