36. Finally

I'm going to crash this car and it's going to be Leila's fault

I nearly threw her over my shoulder and ran her back upstairs as she skipped down the stairs. It's not even revealing but, fuck me she looks good. With her dark eye makeup and lipstick, my eyes keep getting drawn to her.

Her hair is down and messy, the way I like it. She has gold earrings on, a linking chain from her helix to her lobe, as well as a few gold chains around her neck and rings on her fingers. Her entire upper body is covered in an oversized Billabong purple and pink tie dyed T-shirt that stops at mid thigh.

Even her dad raised a brow questioning her "dress" choice until she rolled her eyes and lifted the hem showing that she was wearing black skin tight running shorts underneath.

She must have decided that tonight she wanted to kill me because she's also got her thigh high lace up black boots on, which my body reacted to in the same way it did the first time I saw her in them. Not parent approved. When she's standing, there's only about 2 inches of skin showing before her shirt hides the rest of her.

Like I said, her outfit... not revealing at all but, damn if I don't want to skim my fingers over that small piece of skin showing.

When her dad brought up the fact that it's freezing outside, she answered with a smirk, "Don't worry, dad. I'm all prepared. I'm even wearing a beanie when we leave, ok. Now can someone please help me with these laces! I love these boots, but my gosh they're annoying to get on."

I was about to hop up to help her but Mica beat me to it with an evil grin and chin tilt in my direction. Dick.

Once the two of them were finished she stood and bounced on the spot, rolling her ankles and knees, nodding when she must've been happy with how they felt. Watching as she threw her coat on, I wanted to weave my hands around her waist and bring her into me. I didn't, but I wanted to.

That must have been written all over my face because once Leila turned to grab her bag, Coach smacked the back of my head while shaking his. Mrs Stevenson snickered at me with her hand covering her mouth as I smiled at her.

+++

Parking my car as close to the warehouse was a task. Cars were everywhere. On the sidewalk, blocking driveways, one small Prius had tucked itself between two cars but more than half of the car was still in the lane. Mayhem.

Commending myself, again, for not letting Leila come to this by herself, goosebumps cover my skin when I think about her walking down the dark street by herself. I don't care how tired I'll be tomorrow. No way I'd be able to sleep knowing she was here alone.

I swear sometimes this girl has too much confidence in her surroundings. Doesn't she realise she could get hurt.

Fifteen minutes later we happened upon a park one block away from The BAR. Keeping step behind the girls, Mica and I are tense. Both of us taking it upon ourselves to guard these two. Some dude walking towards us blatantly checks Leila out, eyeing her from head to toe,. Slowing his pace a sly smirk starts creeping over his face, but before anything leaves his mouth his eyes meet her guard dogs and what he sees has him making the smart decision to avert his gaze and pass us without another look.