23.

The guys were in full party mode. We'd just watched them slaughter Richmond High and with one more game before the end of this season, they were running on a high.

Instead of someone's poor parents house, the party is on an abandoned lot that required driving 20 minutes out of town than another 10 minutes on a bumpy dirt road.

Pulling up in a clearing, we park near a rusted out tin barn looking structure that has vines growing all over it and the windows hold no glass. Random chairs are scattered around and a massive bon fire is the main source of light. Cars litter the area where people are milling about, either sitting inside or out on the tray under the crisp night sky.

I'm already starting to wish I wore even warmer clothes. I'm rocking my platform docs, Green and black plaid high waisted pants, black ribbed long sleeved skivvy with my black puffer jacket and beanie.

As the dezzie, I offered to drive Dani, Christian and two others from the squad. But when Mica heard I was going to drive Dani's car he vetoed that and we all met at his place, loading into his Wrangler.

7 of us, in fact. 7 People that I am now responsible for to get home safely. Shit.

The one person I'm worried about... Mica. He's just as bad as I am when he gets shit faced. Maybe I can bribe Elijah to stay somewhat sober so he can help me hustle our friend into the car at the end of the night.

Jumping out of the jeep, Mica hands me his keys as he drove us all here. Flicking my hair out of my jacket, I hear my name being called and a shadowy figure emerges out of the crowd, walking towards us.

"Yo, Masey. What's up man." I walk towards him. "You our source of music tonight?"

Mase is wearing his full darkwear getup, or is it techwear? I'm a bit jealous. He looks so warm! He also looks like he's about to go assassinate someone.

Everything is black. Docs, Baggy Cargo pants with chains swinging over his thighs. His massive jacket done up completely with a utility buckle around the middle. The high collar opening, revealing the hoodie he must have on underneath and material wrapped around his neck, which I'm going to assume he uses as a face covering. Even his hands look warm, wrapped in fingerless wrap around gloves that look like would hurt a great deal if they collided with your face.

Excitedly grinning at me. "You bet your sexy ass I am. C'mon, I'll show you the setup."

"You leaving me already, pretty girl?"

I hadn't even realised Elijah was standing behind me. Close behind me too. I can feel his hand glide down my back, even over my jacket.

Looking up at him. "You can come too if you like. I'm sure Mase won't mind." Turning back to Mase, I smile. "Oh, maybe Dani should come to. You can show her the setup."

While Mase and Elijah eye each other up, I turn away and grab Dani's attention. This was difficult because Christian already had her lip locked. "Yo, DANI!" She stops and grins over at me. "Want to see Mase's setup?"

Her eyes go wide with what looks like a mixture of wonder and worry as her eyes land on the assassin standing behind me.

Swivelling back around, both boys are still yet to move. The difference in them is comical almost. Elijah looks like such a jock standing next to Mase. His red hoodie under his washed out denim jacket, black ripped jeans and white chucks. I mean he looks hot, regardless, but the difference is amusing.

"...You both enjoying that stare off you've got going?" Smirking as they both make eye contact with me. "Show us the way, Masey." I push on his arm so he turns around.