31. H O M E

4 weeks road tripping with my girls from Wollongong, New South Wales all the way up the east coast of Australia, finishing in Brisbane, Queensland

This was entirely what my soul needed.

Fresh air, salt water, sunshine and my best friends.

Add in the laughter, food, alcohol, clubbing, bar hopping, late night dancing on the beach and stumbling back to our van only to fall asleep squished beside each other, it was my kind of heaven.

Kelly and Stacey had been planning this trip for months, unbeknownst to me and I couldn't be happier with the sneaky buggers. We stopped at all the cliché tourist spots while Stacey took numerous photos of the three of us. We also turned off Google maps while in the small coastal towns and took ourselves on little adventures down dirt tracks in hopes we'd find hidden beaches or bush walks.

We were not disappointed. The fact that our transportation was also our bed, kitchen and wardrobe made this even better.

We spent a full three weeks in Byron Bay. The caravan park is right next to the small township and overlooks the beach. We only jumped in the car to drive into the hinterlands or to go bushwalking to waterfalls and lookouts that scatter the area.

Being back in Australia felt liked I'd been holding my breath the entire time I'd been in the US. The shift was surprising, I didn't know I was homesick until I smelt the eucalyptus and salt water in the air.

By the second week though, I kept wanting to turn to Dani, Tara, Mica or Elijah and include them in on the jokes and ruckus especially when the girls would wrangle random strangers to hang out with us.

I missed and wanted them to be here, not spend my time with randoms that Kelly and Stacey would probably take to bed later. They were all nice enough but I always felt just a little uncomfortable stripping out of my clothes to swim.

Sitting in the golden sunlight on the deck of the Beach Hotel pub, I was enjoying the chilled out live music being strummed by a very good looking dude with sandy blonde shoulder length hair. Such a typical looking surfer boy.

Making eye contact with him, I gave him an encouraging smile. He was really talented.

"Hey, you reckon your mate Mica would be keen on me? He's a blonde hottie." Kelly wiggles her brows rising over her sunglasses.

Laughing at my friend I think about both Mica and Kelly together. They have the same energy and both of them enjoy an easy hook-up. It might be a match made in heaven?

"Well, he did tell me to only say good things about him to my, and I quote "hot friends" and you're both the biggest players I know so yea, maybe. Ouch!" I didn't even see her reach over the table before she slapped my arm.

"I am not a 'player'... I just enjoy a quick fling."

"*cough*player*cough*" Grinning at her behind my fisted hand. All I get in return is a small shake of her head and a giggle while Stacey snickers at both of us. She knows she plays the field and she enjoys it. Neither Stacey nor I judge her for it. Quite the opposite. I'm her biggest cheerleader and wing-women.