27.

She's fucking leaving!

Will I ever catch a break with her!?

I had a Leila proof strategy for this week. Flirt my ass off every chance I get, make plans to pick her up early for the dance where I give her flowers, take her out for dinner, even though I know there's food at the dance, slow dance and go in for the kiss that she kept from me last weekend. Hopefully, take her back home and see where things go. I definitely don't expect to sleep with her but cuddling while we make out would be literal heaven right now.

Shit, even holding her hand at this point would be incredible.

Follow that up with her coming to our final game for the year on Saturday, wearing my jersey, then take her out again to ask her out. Like, properly, with more flowers and possibly even a picnic.

I've never been into labels but having Leila as my girlfriend sounds pretty fucking sweet.

Now, my little party girl is off on a road trip around Australia for fuck knows how long, living in a bikini the entire time and I'll be here, cramming for exams and trying not to stalk her socials.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Dude, wait up. What was that!?"

"Nothing, man. Just need to go piss."

"Ah, Eli, if you didn't already know, I'm your brother from another mother and you don't need to piss, you need to go punch something because you look angry as fuck."

Can't get anything past him.

"...She's just going on holidays, bro. She's coming back and she'll be tanned and all smiley and shit from hanging with Kel and Stace..."

Why is he talking like he knows her friends?

"...and she'll probably run into your arms like all those rom coms coz no Aussie guy came close to her Big Boy, Eli. Eh, eh." He nudges his elbow into my side with a stupid suggestive smile on his dopey face.

My face blank, I explain, "She's going to be in a bikini for weeks around guys we don't know, drinking and getting high like the fucking party girl she is." I frustratingly groan. "Who the fuck's going to look after her? Huh? Her girlfriends? I don't think so."

Mica's brows edged closer and closer as I kept on rambling. "First of all," his eyes turning vacant and almost whimsy, "her posts are going to be so fucking hot..oof." He earns himself a light punch in his side.

"Secondly, this is Leila we're talking about, man. She's going to be fine. She probably won't drink as hard coz she'll want to look after her friends. Plus, don't they have a rule or something about one of them always having to be sober when they party?"

"How the fuck do you know that?"

Shrugging, "She's like my best girl friend. We chat."

Honestly, the way both of them are with each other use to worry me until Mica told me to go for it. He decided that his feelings for her where a lot like how he feels about Lucy. Sisterly. Apparently when he thought about kissing Leila he wanted to punch himself in the face and drag his own ass out of the house.