Chapter 39: Runway

(Comment your oppions on Phoenix. I'm curious. Also be preparedfor a Pheonix and Preach chapter.)

"Your not sober, but I thought you didnt drink?" JJ asked confused.

"I have since the summer. It isnt bad, but I need it to cope with all the shit I've been through," I told him.

"Nix-"

The sirens were pulling up quickly. JJ let out a sigh but switched seats with me.

"Thank you," I exclaimed sitting in the passenger seat.

"What happened?" The officer asked JJ but kept his eyes on me.

"Tire blew out and I lost control," JJ lied to the cop.

"I know who she is, and you dont have to lie for her kind," the cop told JJ.

"I'm not lying," he restated.

I let out of a small sigh of relief. JJ has my back. I refused to meet his eyes as he continued to answer questions. The cop had JJ call his mom to pick us up. Once we got to his house he brought me to his room.

"Pheonix. I heard the stories, you almost ODed. Brandon got shot. You get reckless and emotional," he lectured.

"Your drunk all the time," I argued.

"I've never driven drunk. I've never played drunk. I've never asked my friends to lie to the cops!" He shouted at me.

"Just drop it JJ!" I screamed at him.

"I'm telling preach," JJ said with a sigh.

"Why the fuck would you stress him out over something that isnt a big deal!" I demanded.

"You crashed a car drunk. Last time you crashed were you drinking then?" He asked me.

"I'm gone," I told him and turned to leave his room.

"Nix, I don't want you to be hurt!" JJ said in a desperate voice.

"Its too bad your the one hurting me," I told him.

I stormed from his house not knowing where I was going. I didnt have a car or somewhere to go. Preach can't find me. He'll get rid of me. I cant have him leave me...not for real. So I'm leaving before he gets the chance. I took a bus and stopped at a liquor store. I bought the alcohol and the person behind the counter didnt question me.

I checked my phone to see missed calls and text. I saw a voicemail from Preach so I listened to it.

"You lied to a cop! Pheonix,  how could you be so stupid! Get home. We need to talk about this. Get home immediately!"

The voicemail ended and I let out a sob. Hes mad, hes pissed. The only thing we will talk about is him getting rid of me permanently. Calls from my friends were pouring in. I picked up Jordan's call, by now I was well past a little buzzed.

"I'm fucking fine. Quit pretending like any of you care!" I snapped.

"Pheonix, please. You and liv both ran away!" Jordan begged.

"You just want to get rid of me anyways, I'm making it easier!" I hung up on him and dialed liv.

"Where are you?" She asked me.

"I'm by the cementary, " I slurred into the phone.

"I'll be over soon," she told me.

Ten minutes later she picked me up and we were both sobbing. I had mascara running down my eyes and I couldn't walk straight. Liv was dialing her sponsor over and over again. We both wanted out. Only she wanted to go home and I didnt want to go home.