Chapter 29: Jamboree

"I can cheer?" I asked my coach excited.

"If you can learn the routine in two days. It's to late to place you back in your stunt group, but I will let you tumble," she told me.

"Thank you coach kelly!" I scream and hug her.

"Go get dressed," she ushered me.

I put on my practice outfit and ran to take my place in the halftime. I've watched it a thousand times so I know what to do. Practice goes by quickly and after it I pick up Spencer so we could head home.

"We need to talk about this kiss," Spencer said.

"Yeah. We do," I trailed off.

"Did it mean anything to you or was it just me?" He asked me.

"It wasnt just you Spencer. The kiss meant something to me," I told him.

"What does it mean for us?" Spencer asked.

"I dont know. The kiss meant something, but so did every kiss me and Darnell shared," I told him.

"And you only kissed me to make him jealous," Spencer said.

"Which is getting me into more trouble," I sighed.

"Have you two talked?"

"Not yet. I have no clue what to do," I admitted.

"No matter what we gonna be there for eachother. Whether it's your boyfriend or best friend you got to decide," he told me.

"What if I said brother," I teased him.

"Oh god, please dont brother zone me. My rep cant handle that," he laughed.

I dropped him off then texted darnell to meet me at slausons. I drove over and ordered some coffee while I waited. I saw him walk in and he sat in a seat across from me.

"We havent talked yet," I told him.

"Did the kiss with Spencer mean anything. Or were you tryin to make me jealous?" He asked me.

"Both. Darnell I like you both. I'm gonna be up front and say it. I'm confused as hell right now and have no clue what I'm going to do," I admitted.

"He likes you?" Darnell asked.

"He does. Do you still like me?" I asked him.

"Yeah I do," he sighed.

"Then we are at a stalemate," I sighed.

"We are. Hey nix," Darnell said.

"Yeah."

"I want you to know I wont hate you, no matter what you decide. I could never hate you," he said and stood up.

He walked out leaving me really confused. I stood and decided to head to the jail to see Preach.

"I can cheer!" I said happily.

"That's good. I'm glad you've healed up," he said with a smile.

"Hows home renovation shows?" I asked him.

"I could turn our damn place into a five hundred dollar house by now," he laughed.

"I bet you could. I miss you Preach," I said to him.

"I miss you, Nix," he said,"you need to get ready for your competition."

"Okay. I love you," I told him.

"I love you to. So does your mother," he said.

"I'm sure," I said coldly and walked out.

I drove home and headed to my room. I walked in to see a milkshake, cheese fries, and asher.