Chapter 40: Therapy

(A/N. Comment your ideas for what I should do in the rest of this story.)

Preacher's POV

"Hello, Laura," I said entering the Baker household.

"Its nice to meet your Preach. Your very important to Pheonix," she said with a smile.

"I love Phoenix, and I'm going to guess shes the reason I'm over here," I suggested.

"Yes. Me and Billy have found a great Therpy network for our family to go to. It helps Liv with her addiction, and helps us learn how to help her. I'd love to pay for you and Pheonix," Laura offered.

"I couldnt-"

"She's my daughter too. I've helped raise her, and I will pay for her. I want you to have the same opportunity to help her aswell," she said not giving me a chance to argue.

"I'll pay you back," I told her.

"Pheonix getting help is all i need. Is she still seeing the other therapist?" Laura asked me.

"Yes."

"Okay, then we have everything covered. Let me know if there's anything I can do to further help her," laura said.

"I still. And good luck with Liv. Pheonix has never had anything negative to say about her, she is a good kid," I complimented trying to be a good person.

"Thank you, Preach," Laura said and walked me to the door.

Pheonix's POV

I've been on house arrest for a few days. Preach is scares, rightfully so, so I stay home. I have called JJ a few times and apologized. Telling preach was hard but I needed it. A knock from the window interrupted my show.

"Why are you here?" I asked opening the window for Leila.

"Umm, I was where you were not that long ago and you were there for me. I wanted to return the favor. What were you watching?" Leila asked me.

"Some show based on the life of Spencer Paysinger," I said with the shrug of my sholders.

"Sounds boring," she admitted,"how are you?"

"I miss vodka," I admitted with a laugh,"the only thing Preach keeps around is whiskey and I cannot drink it without puking."

"I am sorry Pheonix. You've had a rough past few weeks," she told me,"well year really."

"Well me and you are in the same boat with Spencer," I agreed.

"Sadly yes. I just wish people realized i wasn't weak," she said with a sigh.

"You arent. I've never thought that. Annoying, bitchy,and stuck up, yes. But not weak," I told her making her laugh.

"Same here. No matter what anyone says you arent a selfish bitch just because you wanted to kill youself," she said to me.

"I hate that. When I almost did it, I was more trying make sure I wasnt burden to my dad or the bakers. Or to make sure JJ was never in the same situation. It wasnt selfish persay, I just thought everyone would be better off if I died," I admitted.

"Theres alot of negative and incorrect stigmatism with mental health," she agreed.

Me and her sat in my room for hours just talking. We have come a long way from when we first met.

"Dinners ready," Preach said entering my room.

"Oh, I'll head out," leila said after realizing she was caught sneaking into my room.