Epilogue 2: the wedding

(Thank you for reading. Please comment your thoughts on this story as it is the last part.)

"Are you ready?" Liv asked my as she finished my hair. My hair was in an slicked back ponytail.

"No. I'm terrifed," I said with a laugh.

"Why, you two love eachother?" Leila asked taking a make up brush across y cheeks.

"One day me and asher will start a family. And I love preach, but I don't want to be exactly my parents. Preach was in an out of jail and my momma was a peice of shit. How am I supposed to know what a lasting relationship ship looks like when they my example?" I asked talking quick, suddenly nervous.

"Pheonix, you are the most loving person I know. You were always there for me when I was at my lowest. And you love asher. You both have been through hell and back together. If anyone was soul mates it you two," Olivia told me.

"Hey auntie Nix!" Maya said running in.

Maya was going to be my flower girl.

"Hey little mama!" I said hugging her.

I noticed her staring at my dress in the corner. I small smile played on my lips.

"Do you want to try on my dress?" I asked her.

Her little head nodded up and down. I grabbed the dress and put it on her. It was obviously too big on her, but it was adorable to see!

"I look like a princess!" She said staring in a mirror.

"You do," I agreed hugging her.

After we got Maya out of my dress, my bridesmaids helped me in my dress. As I stared in the mirror my little sister, who was also my maid of honor walked in.

"There ready," she said before looking up and down,"damn he's lucky!"

"Thank you," I said letting out a breath.

Everyone left me alone in the room to get ready for the ceremony to start. I started to mess with my necklace. It was the key from Shawn's car on a chain.

"I did it shawn. I found someone who makes me happy and keeps me safe. You really liked him," I said as if he were standing right there, and in a way I know he heard me.

"Are you ready little one?" I heard preach ask from the door.

"Im in heals, so you can't call me that," I said walking over to my dad.

He stood on his tiptoes and kissed my forehead,"its sad to be giving you up, child."

I felt tears well up.

"I'm always gonna be your child," I said to him.

"I know," he said putting an arm around me,"but if I had to choose another man in your life, it would be asher."

As we approached the isle I heard Walking the Wire by Imagine Dragons play. Tears fell down my eyes as I walked down the isle to asher. When I approached the alter I gave preach one last hug before grabbing ashers hands.

My main of honor was my sister. My brides maids were Olivia and leila. Ashers best man was Jordan, and his groomsmen were spencer, jj, and Darnell.

"The couple has chosen to write their own vowes. Pheonix?"

"Asher, you were in the friendzone for a damn long time," this got a laugh from everyone including asher,"I did not know that the boy who was ignorant and a complete ass would be standing across from at this alter. But the day shawn died and you came to comfort me I started to fall for you,even if I didn't realize it at first. Then as we grew closer I grew more and more in love with you. And when it came down to it, you were my only option. I don't care what life throws our way, becuase I will always be in love with you. I love you asher adams."

"And you asher?"

"Pheonix Scott. I knew from the moment I met you I loved you. You were cocky as hell when we first met. The first thing you ever said to me was when you said spencer was the better receiver then me. At first I thought I would hate you forever for that. Then you helped me fix the Porsche and defended me against everyone who tried to mock me for it. You loved me through every side of me, and I wasn't always easy to love. I will always and forever love you Pheonix."

"If there is any objection to this marigage speak now or forever hold your peace."

"I object!" Darnell said making me glare at him before he cracked up,"nah I'm kidding. Yall cute."

Me and asher let out a laugh and shook our head.

"Do you, Pheonix Scott take Asher Adam's to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"And do you asher adams take pheonix Scott to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Then I pronounce you wife and husband. You may now kiss the bride."

And when our lips connected the world fell away around us. We had eachother and it's all we needed. I found my happy ending. I hope you to can find yours.

(I am crying. I was emotionally attached to this book and the charecters. Thank you for reading and supporting me. I love you all so much. Please comment anything about this book, it would mean the world. Have an amazing day!)