𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦

☼

"What exactly is it that you want?"

"I want you to be honest about why you do what you do."

"Liar."

"I'm serious! All I seek is a deeper understanding of the fearsome God of Mischief." Mobius declares as he stands to face the God. "What makes a Loki tick?"

"I know what this place is," Loki chuckles humorlessly.

"What is it?"

"It's an illusion! It's a cruel elaborate trick, conjured by the weak to inspire fear. A desperate attempt at control," Loki spits with anger. "Now you all parade as if you're the divine arbiters of power in the universe!"

Mobius smiles. "We are."

"You're not. My choices are my own." Loki glares.

Mobius just nods. "Your choices are your own. Good, let's go with that." He leans over and begins to play a video of Loki's speech to the Midgardians a few weeks ago.

Loki watches himself on the screen, rolling his eyes at Mobius. Mobius then shows him how he would've been taken to Asgard as prisoner, where Odin sentences him to banishment, and he will spend his remaining years on Midgard. Among the very people he tried to conquer. Before he leaves for Midgard, however, he stays in a prison cell in Asgard.

"What is this? This is nonsense. More tricks? This hasn't even happened." Loki scrunches his nose in disgust.

"Not to you. Not yet. The TVA doesn't just know your past, we know your whole life."

"This is absurd." Loki watches the screen, and watches his mother pay him a quick visit in his cell.

Mobius was very sure that this Loki would be the most irritating variant he would ever encounter, but for a moment, that thought disappeared.

As he watched Loki appear conflicted upon watching what his future may have been if he didn't leave with the Tesseract, Mobius felt as though he is getting to him. He saw a flash of pain and regret in Loki's eyes once he sees the Allmother laying lifeless on the floor of Asgard.

He blinks back his tears and looks at Mobius with a pleading face. "Where do you have her? Where is she?"

"You led them right to her."

"I don't believe you." Loki swallowed, and his throat trembles as he looks at Mobius. "You're manipulating me."

"I'm not manipulating anyone."

As the God of Lies, Loki can easily tell whether someone is lying, and right now, Mobius is far from being dishonest.

It makes his chest tighten even more as he lowers his head. "Where is she?"