𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺-𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨

☼

Loki approaches Anya once he sees her standing by the window. She is wearing a robe provided by the servants in the palace. Her red and blonde hair spills over her shoulders and her face is clear of makeup.

He stands next to her. "How are you feeling?"

Anya weakly scoffs, shaking her head. "Like my head is about to explode with questions." She sighs. "For as long as I remember, I've always wondered who my parents were. I didn't think my mom would be some... space alien."

"Are you saying you believe them?"

"I'm saying that this is the first time this happened to me. To have some hope that I'll find out who my parents are."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"It is, if we're in the middle of a Multiversal war involving the guy who scripted our entire lives." Anya glances at Loki.

He musters a small smile. "You know, I wish Sylvie was here. I think maybe she could tell you where exactly it is you came from. She would have loved to meet you."

"She's the reason why we're in this mess in the first place."

Loki's smile fades. "She was filled with anger and vengeance. Those things tend to blind people into seeing what truly matters. I should know."

Anya gives him an apologetic look. "Sorry. I'm just... really tired. I can't even sleep just thinking about the fact that my mom might still be around. And that my father could be dead." She bluntly says. "If what they're saying is true, I keep thinking about how my own mother's family killed my dad. It's just..."

"From all the scenarios you pictured your parents in, this isn't one of them." Loki finishes her words for her, and Anya nods. "I never knew my own parents as well. I met my father, but... well..." he bites his lip.

Anya seems to catch on, and Loki isn't surprised. His other variant must have been very honest with her, enough to reveal to her that he killed his own father.

"I always viewed Frigga as my mother, even after finding out we were not flesh and blood. And to be honest, she was already more than enough. My real mother, I never met. I always assumed she was killed in battle, and I dreaded to think that she must have died at the hands of Asgardians," he mutters, realizing he has never told this to anyone. Not even Thor.

And apparently, not even Anya. She frowns and stares at him in surprise. "You've never told me that."

Loki lifts his shoulder to shrug, smiling a bit. "Maybe there are some things you do not know about me."

Instead of making her laugh by his amusing words, Anya flinches and the thought sinks into her. "Maybe."

His smile fades once he realizes his own words. "Apologies. I didn't mean to offend you."