𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴

☼

Later that evening, Anya is in front of the mirror as she views herself in the semi-formal dress that Tony (aka Pepper) provided for her. It was styled to match the culture of Wakanda, and she's wearing it out of respect.

Loki exits the bathroom after putting his tie. Upon seeing Loki in the mirror, Anya glances at him. He softens upon seeing her in the yellow and orange dress. She looked like the sun itself, and Loki feels his breath catch in his throat.

He stays calm and collected as he approaches her. "Let me do your hair. I'm quite skilled." He muses while Anya chuckles.

"Well, you told me that your mother braided your hair," she says and Loki raises his brows in surprise. He never told that to anyone. "I can just assume she taught you how to do it?"

"I don't know how to braid hair, but I know a few spells to perfect a hairdo. I used to secretly do it for Lady Sif. She hated me, but she loved the hairstyles I could do for her."

Anya grins at him, remember the time he taught that trick to Wanda.

Loki snaps his fingers and a green glow washes down her head, and her hair is perfectly curled and elegant, making her gasp a bit. This was much better than how her hair was during Thor's party.

He smiles at her awed reaction, and they both look at her reflection on the mirror. "There. Better?"

"You should work at a salon."

"What is a salon?"

"For God's sake." Anya chuckles and turns to look at him, taking in his white suit. She reaches up to fix his crooked tie and gives him a look when he appears amused.

Of course he could use magic to fix his own tie, but he wanted her to do it. Cheeky.

"Very funny." She slightly pushes him by the shoulder before walking past him.

"Thank you. I do believe that I could be entertaining other than deadly." Loki smirks.

"You should put that on a t-shirt."

***

Anya holds onto Loki's arm as they walk to where Okoye told them to arrive. At the wide room, there was a long table filled with food. It was like a feast for hundreds of people despite the fact that only the Royal Family and the two outsiders are the only ones eating.

They were ushered to the tall doors and the others take a formation that seems to be their tradition. Anya and Loki stand before the doors before the open to reveal the Royal Family.

The moment Anya's eyes land on T'challa, she tightens her grip around Loki's hand. Subtly, he squeezes back to remind her it is fine.

They let go once Anya is permitted to approach, so she slowly walks up to T'challa, whose eyes are still trained on hers.