𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳

☼

They arrive and Loki had to gently shake her awake. When Anya realizes she slept on his shoulder, her face reddens and she plays it off as normal. They all get off the jet and was driven to a desert a few miles out. Then, they all walk.

Loki looks around in surprise with the beauty of the emptiness. It was odd how empty the place is, but still being quite beautiful to look at.

Anya walks beside Loki, and her hands begin to shake. What would her mother say when she sees her? Would she be happy? Would she push Anya away as she always did? Would she reject Anya?

It was as if Loki can read her. "It will be alright, Anya. Whatever the outcome may be, you still have a family back in the compound."

Anya tries to smile at him, grateful.

They reach a house, looking like from the Macedonian era. Even the other Eternals seem to be in awe. Druig must be the only one who has ever visited this place.

Anya absentmindedly holds onto Loki's arm as they all approach the door. Ikaris is the first to knock, and they wait until they hear footsteps inside. Anya's stomach twists with dread as the door opens.

It reveals a man, with huge arms and of Asian descent. He was wearing a kiss-the-cook apron as he stares at the Eternals. "What are you all doing here?" His tone doesn't hold grudge, and only curiosity. But as his eyes cast upon Anya, they suddenly widen and she slightly wavers under his gaze. All the Eternals seem to know who Anya is, apart from herself. "Oh."

"Hey, Gil. Funny story..." Kingo chuckles nervously, patting the man's back. "Gilgamesh, meet Anya. Anya, meet Gilgamesh."

Gilgamesh forms a smile, but he seems to be holding himself back from hugging and squeezing the life out of Anya. Anya doesn't notice that, but the other Eternals and Loki did. "Uh... nice to meet you."

"You, too." Anya hesitantly nods. Gilgamesh lets them all inside the house and Anya takes the time to look around, seeing how non-modern the entire interior is. It was as if she stepped into a Macedonian era home. "This is where you live?"

"Yes. She prefers it this way."

Anya looks towards Loki after Gilgamesh spoke. "Why? The others live in modern cities. Seems lonely to be here."

Gilgamesh reluctantly looks at Anya. "Anya, your mother, she isn't well."

From those words, Anya widens her eyes. "What do you mean?"

"She has a condition. Mahd Wy'ry. It is when her mind fluctuates under the weight of her memories." Sersi explains, and Ikaris looks concerned this time. Anya stares at them cluelessly, but can feel her heart clenching. "She sometimes forgets who she is, and those around her. As a warrior, her first instinct is to get violent during these episodes."

"...w-what?"

"I think it's better if we show you. But please, stay alert." Gilgamesh nods, leading them outside. Anya follows, determined.