𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘮

☼

When they arrived at the safe house, Anya was clearly excited for something. Loki looks around the wide area and towards the house they were approaching. It wasn't until Clint's family is revealed to them.

Anya greets the happy children with a tight hug, and she was immediately pulled to the backyard to be forced to help build the birdhouse using her fire to bind metals together. Anya's laugh echoes through the house.

Clint's wife is warily eyeing Loki, and it makes him uncomfortable enough to exit the house. Thor and Steve follow him out.

"I saw something in that dream. I need answers. I won't find them here."

Loki frowns. "Let me come with you."

"No, brother." Thor places his hand on his shoulder, cupping his neck. "After yesterday, you've proven yourself. I wish for you to stay here with them. Help when you can. I shall return to you, I promise."

Loki hesitantly nods, manifesting a crystal and handing it to Thor. "When you need me, crush the crystal. I will be there."

Thor smiles and takes the crystal, spinning his hammer before he lifts himself from the ground to fly.

Loki, Steve and Tony look at one another before the two Avengers goes back inside. Loki looks at Anya and nods before she follows behind Tony. Her gaze on him lingers.

Later on, Anya emerges from her room and finds Loki sitting outside, just watching the view.

She goes to the kitchen and sees Clint. Anya smiles at him. "Hey. I, um... I know it's a lot to ask but Loki's been outside for at least three hours now."

Barton sighs and looks at his wife from a distance. "Yeah, I saw. But she won't let me let him in, even though I don't mind him." Anya raises her brows, and Clint shrugs. "Don't tell him I said this, but the kid's kind of growing on me."

"You do realize he's a thousand years old, right?"

"With the mentality of a twenty-year-old. Plus, he kind of saved me back when Ultron first attacked us. He didn't have to, but he still did."

Anya smiles. "He can take my room. I can share with Nat."

"And put him in a room with Bruce?" Clint shakes his head.

"Fine. He can room with me, then. Come on. It's like he's not even here. Talk to your wife." She urges him, and Clint sighs, wrapping an arm around Anya's shoulders before kissing her head.

"You're evil like your sister, you know." Clint grumbles and Anya laughs.

When the afternoon comes, Anya stays seated on the porch as she sips hot cocoa while watching Tony and Steve chop firewood while arguing.

Someone takes a seat next to her and she looks at Loki, also watching the two Avengers argue.

"I wouldn't be surprised if a war commences between them."

Anya snorts. "Sounds like something they would do."

Loki looks to her. "How did you manage to convince the woman of the house to allow me inside?"

"I talked to Clint."

"Why?"

"Because you needed a shower. You smell horrible."

"Excuse you, I happen to use magic to clean myself every once in a while." Loki scoffs before it turns into a smirk. "And how interesting of you to put us in the same room. Are you trying to have your way with me, Miss Anastasia?"

"Whoa, there. Don't get any ideas. It was either me or Bruce as your roommate. I was the best choice because Bruce and Nat are together anyway."

Loki scrunches his nose. "Why in Odin's name would that beautiful spy settle for that horrid green creature?"

Anya smiles. "Love, Mr. Friggason. The tempting and dangerous allure of love."

"Hm. You seem to know a great deal of the matter. Is there a secret beau that I know nothing of?" He teases.

Anya rolls her eyes. "You don't have to be in love to know what love is."

"Well, surely you must have had the experience."

"Not really. I don't have time to look for that."

"Oh, searching is much more difficult than waiting." Loki jests.

"You sound like you know a lot. Is there a princess out there, waiting for your gallant return?" She copies his accent to mock him.

Loki smirks. "No princess, nor prince for me at the moment."

"Ooh, princes. I see," she grins wider. "Anyone out here that caught your eye, then? Steve is available."

Loki glares at her. "On Asgard, it is frowned upon to form relations with mortals."

"Isn't your brother dating Jane Foster?"

"Yes, and no." Loki mutters. "While Thor seems to be serious with Jane, once he is on Asgard, Odin treats Thor as though Jane does not exist in his life."

"Your father is a dick."

Loki lets out a surprised chuckle. "You are not wrong. He can be a bit of a, um... dick, I suppose."

"No, seriously. Why would your dad ignore who Jane is in Thor's life?"

"To pair him with the Lady Sif. She is the perfect match for Thor. A true warrior. One who would make a great queen in the future." Loki nods. "Unfortunately, what my brother feels for Lady Sif, is apparently not even half of what he feels for Jane Foster. Naturally, Odin is waiting it out."

"Waiting what out?" At the question, Loki glances at Anya, and she falters. "Oh."

"A mere heartbeat of a lifetime." Loki quietly says. "Which is why Asgardians must be with fellow Asgardians. Mortals are with mortals."

She isn't sure what she felt at that moment, but all she knew is that it must be a lonely world that Loki lives in.