𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘫𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘺

☼

The Loki of this reality furrows his brows at her. He is in his full Asgardian armor, as well as the horns, and he held a golden staff.

Anya gapes a little before stuttering. "Uh... I was, um... I was looking for my... ring. I dropped it around here somewhere."

She stares at him and notices the way the corner of his lips threatened to twitch up into a smirk. Well, fuck. Not really a good idea to lie to the God of Lies.

"Ah. A ring. And what were you doing in the gardens to drop your precious ring in the first place?"

She can feel her heartbeat racing. It was different to meet a Loki who already knew who you were. Right now, Loki had no idea who she is. To him, Anya was still his future.

Oh, Christ. Come to think of it, Anya's variant is on Earth being trained as a Winter Soldier right now.

Don't think about it, just ignore it. Anya tells herself as she continues to look back at Loki.

"The flowers were blooming. And I'm one of the Queen's ladies in waiting."

"I see. And as a lady in waiting, I gather that they've taught you manners? Such as how to address a king?"

Loki, you obnoxious fuck. Anya holds back the urge to glare at him, and only musters a smile. She slowly curtsies to him and bows her head. "My King."

He appears pleased. "Rise, my lady." He says, and she does so. Loki tilts his head as he observes her face. "How come I've never seen you before?"

"I tend to keep a low profile."

He slowly approaches her, and lets out a low hum. "Oh, if I've seen you before, I would not forget."

Anya feels her face heat up. Damn him and his charm, why is it so difficult not to swoon for him? She feels the overwhelming feeling of longingness. She misses him so much, she had to hold herself back from attacking him with a hug.

"You flatter me, Your Majesty." She quietly says, and Loki stops in front of her.

"What is your name?"

Anya can practically inhale his familiar scent, and she almost melted into a puddle right there. If she reveals her name and his mother comes around, she is doomed. But then again, she and Loki will leave this reality and go back to Wakanda soon.

"Anastasia, but I prefer Anya."

"Anastasia..." Loki tests with his silvertongue, and his eyes observe every inch on her face. "Tell me, Anastasia, is there a lucky beau waiting for you elsewhere?"

His straightforwardness made her flush again. "I-I... um, well..." it was strange how the first thing she thought of was the Loki who took her to this reality.