𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: 𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦

☼

"Why is Agent Romanoff preventing her sister from joining your missions?" Loki couldn't help but ask his brother during their meal one day.

The Avengers finally got back from a successful raid. They achieved the scepter and only returned a few minutes ago. Thor went straight to his room to greet Loki, and grins with victory as he announces that the Avengers have retrieved his missing scepter.

Thor glances at his brother with narrowed eyes. "What compels you to ask questions pertaining to Lady Anya, brother?"

Loki averts his eyes. "I was merely observing. The moment you left, she was rather angry and decided to literally erupt into flames."

Thor sighs. "There is a reason why Natasha doesn't want her sister to join."

"And that is?"

"Your scepter was taken by a group named HYDRA. From the team's experiences with them, Natasha is right to keep her sister out of it. I know I would with you." Thor mutters before gulping a goblet of wine.

Loki frowns. "But Miss Anastasia is much more powerful than the others. Surely she would be more of an asset against this HYDRA group."

"What brought this certain curiosity you have for her?"

Loki casually shrugs. "I hardly have anything to do here than watch the protests and annoy the Lava girl, as Stark calls her."

Thor gives him a cautious stare. "You are not to bother her. Lady Anya has been through enough."

That piques Loki's interest. "Such as?"

He looks away from Loki and continues to eat. "All I know is that HYDRA is dangerous for her."

The conversation ended there, and Thor proceeded to tell him about the missions that the Avengers go on. He even mentions how Anya apparently joins them for rescue missions only.

Loki notices how the only missions involving HYDRA are the ones that the Avengers actively steer Anya away from.

During Loki's stay, Tony politely (not exactly) asked him to keep everything in order inside the upper floors of the building. It was the only thing he could do or else JARVIS will tell on him. Loki did it without any protests, only because he didn't particularly wanted to argue with the equally commanding Stark.

That, and Thor glared at him until he said yes.

So, Loki walks around to observe if everything is in order, and he would return to the library where he would spend his hours reading Midgardian literature. Loki cannot lie and say that some books written by mortals aren't beautiful.

Loki mostly sees Anya in front of the television in the central lounge of the Avengers. None of the other are around often enough to use it, so the sole user of it would be Anya. She would watch these strange black and white films and wrap herself in a blanket while eating ice cream. There's always a jug of water nearby.

Loki would casually sit at the back, pretending as if he is making an alcoholic drink, when really, he was looking at Anya watch a film.

Right now, Loki is in the library, writing a letter. Now that his scepter has been retrieved, Thor must return it to Asgard where it belongs. His brother offered to secretly take a letter from him. So, Loki writes.

"What are you doing?" He hears a voice behind him, making him snap his head over his shoulder.

Anya curiously stares at him as she holds a newspaper. Loki huffs. "It is none of your business."

"What language is that?" She grabs the letter, and Loki rolls his eyes. "Jesus, I can't read it."

"Naturally not. Your Midgardian languages cannot comprehend my mother tongue." He snatches the paper from her and puts it back on the table. "Aren't you supposed to be in training at this hour?"

Anya raises her brows. "Since when do you know my schedule?"

"One tends to be observant when offered nothing else to do."

"Weird, but okay. I'm not in training right now because we're in celebratory mode." She places a cup of coffee in front of him and sits down. "Did your brother tell you that they found your scepter?"

"He might have mentioned it." Loki mutters, eyeing the mysterious brown drink in front of him. "What is that?"

Anya raises her brows. "You don't have coffee in Asgard?"

"What is coffee?"

"Oh, boy, you are going to love this." She nods to the cup. "Try it."

"Not until you explain whether it is a safe drink or not." Loki glares at her.

Anya rolls her eyes and takes his cup, sipping lightly before putting the cup back down. "It's not poisoned, you asshole. God, you are so paranoid."

Loki gives her a displeased look but takes the cup and tentatively sips the hot drink. Anya watches him carefully as his face softens with surprise.

"Good, right?"

"It is not an unpleasant taste."

She narrows her eyes in suspicion. "Hm. Alright. Well, tell your brother that I'm looking for him. He asked me to take him to a McDonalds."

Loki nods and watches her leave. Once she's gone, he grabs the cup of coffee and drinks.

note: give loki some coffee! also, who do you think loki is writing letters to?