𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝘴𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘵

☼

The next day, Loki watches Anya's sleeping face. His hand is tracing lines on her bare back as she sleeps.

There was no denying how deeply in love he is with her, and the lengths he would go to protect her. It felt strange whenever Loki thinks of the first time they met around two years ago. It felt like such a short time has passed. Time flies quite quickly. Loki almost grins at the memory of seeing her paintings for the first time and being so intrigued by them.

When Anya wakes up, she doesn't smile. Instead, she sighs tiredly. Loki gently touches her hair and feels her arm tighten around him.

"Hello," he greets her quietly.

"How long have you been awake?"

"A while. You look lovely asleep."

Anya weakly snorts. "Not creepy at all, God of Irritation." She comments and makes Loki smile. She wanted to bring up what they talked about last night, but it didn't seem to be a great time. "Do you think we can go back to you teaching me how to use my powers?"

"Of course, darling. Whatever you'd like." Loki nods. "Although, I should warn you, ever since we took a pause, Wanda's been advancing at a rapid rate. I think she can make runes now." Loki grins proudly, and his eyes twinkle at the mention of his student. "She is becoming a great witch."

"She has a great teacher."

Loki smirks. "That, she does. And Vision is improving with his cooking, too. However, I don't think anyone can replicate your soup. Which is my absolute favorite meal of yours."

Anya scoffs. "You think all my cooking is great."

"But I do! I truly do. They are tremendous." He chuckles, and she rolls her eyes in disbelief. "What can I do to convince you to believe me?"

"Thor said you could sing." She whispers, tracing her finger against the skin of his chest.

Loki scoffs in amusement. "Barely."

Anya finally smiles. "Will you sing for me?"

He looks back at her and feels the need to say yes to anything she asks of him. So, he takes a deep breath and smiles gently. "I stormsvarte fjell, jeg vandrer alene," Loki gently touches the skin of her shoulder as he sings softly. "Over isbreen tar jeg meg frem... I eplehagen står møyen den vene..." He tucks her hair behind her ear, and Anya smiles. Loki can see her eyes glistening quite a bit. "Og synger, når kommer du hjem..."

When he finishes, Loki lifts her hand to his lips and kisses it. Anya feels much more relaxed now. "That's nice."

"It is an old Asgardian song that I love. My father, well... Odin used to sing it to my mother." Loki softly tells her. He leaves out the part where Odin sung it to Frigga during their wedding day.

"Your voice is lovely."

Loki chuckles, shaking his head. "You are much lovelier, fair maiden." Anya rolls her eyes while smiling. As her smile fades, Loki watches. "What is it?"

"I dreamed about your voice. The one I heard last night."

"Oh? Why do you think you dreamt about that?"

"You just... you sounded so desperate to reach me. I heard someone else, too, but I didn't recognize her voice."

Loki frowns. "There was someone else?"

"Yeah, but I couldn't hear what she was saying. Something about... time?" Anya shakes her head before letting out a chuckle. "It probably doesn't mean anything. Just a dream."

"What was the other person doing?" Loki looks curious now.

"I think she was trying to stop you from getting to me." Anya mutters but sighs. "You know what? Never mind. It was just a dream. Maybe... maybe I just don't want to be apart from you."

Loki relaxes a bit and leans closer to kiss her head. Anya watches him, cupping his cheek. Her fingers trace over his skin and it almost makes Loki shudder. Although, her next words make him freeze.

"Are you ever going to show me your true form?"

Loki knots his brows together. "Why would you want to see that?"

"I've been wondering about it. If you're committed to me, I should know who exactly I'm committing myself to, too, you know?"

"Anya... I've told you before, I'd rather protect your precious eyes upon seeing my monstrous form."

"Loki, you aren't a monster." She puts her hand on his chest. "Not to me."

He softens. "If you touch me in my Frost Giant form, my frostbite will harm you."

"I still want to see." Anya lifts her hand from his cheek. "But if you're not ready, we have all the time in the world."

He hesitates, and glances at her necklace. She is right. If he is committing himself to her, she deserves to see him, but Loki fears that once she does, she will reject ownership of his necklace and leave him forever.

He closes his eyes and slowly lets his form shift. Anya watches how the top of Loki's head slowly turns blue, and various patterned lines stretch over his skin. His sapphire colored skin is a stark contrast to the gently tanned skin earlier.

After a few seconds of silence, Loki opens his eyes and reveals his garnet eyes to her. She lets her own eyes rake curiously over his face, before she lifts her hand to touch his cheek. Loki flinches back, and she pulls her hand away slightly.

"Anya, I don't want to hurt you."

"That's how I know you won't." Anya presses her palm against his cold cheek, and Loki is astonished by the way she seems unharmed. He relaxes and she could not take her eyes off him. Then, she breaks out into a fond smile of disbelief. "Loki... how can you ever say you look monstrous?" She caresses her thumb against his cheek. "This is the most beautiful I've ever seen you."

A sob of relief threatens to exit Loki's throat, and Anya shifts closer to press her lips against his. She can feel his tears stain his sapphire cheeks as her fingers trace the lines on his skin.

When they pull away, Loki needed to ask. "You are not afraid of me?"

Anya kisses his forehead and feels so happy to finally see his true form. Not to mention... he looks quite handsome enough to make her cheeks flush. So, she is far from frightened. "What do you think?" She smirks while climbing on top of him, grasping his naked chest before a hearty laugh leaves Loki's lips and he reaches for her hips. Loki is amazed of how she is immune to his frostbite, but chooses not to question it as he pulls her in for a hungry kiss.

Although, they both jump when a loud crash is heard outside. As instinct, Loki manifests clothes on both of them and made their way to the window with a blinding ray of light slicing through it.

His eyes widen upon seeing the Bifrost come down on the field outside, and disappear. From a distance, he can see four individuals standing in the field. Each of them are wearing shiny armors.

Anya frowns. "Who are they?"

Loki swallows, and his Asgardian form takes over, his blue skin vanishing. "Will you please stay here, Anya?" he doesn't wait for her to reply and immediately leaves the room.

Anya frowns and looks back out of the window she hesitates but decides to go to the elevator and wait.

note: so close to act two ;)