𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘺

☼

"You pretended to be me?!" Thor roars at Loki once he confessed to him the moment they were alone. "To extract information from the Lady Anya?"

"Brother, I can assure you, it is not the worst thing I have ever done." Loki tries to calm him down.

Thor pushes his shoulders. "Deceiving Anya? Of all people? Do you realize how she feels about you?" He yells while glowering at his brother.

"She hates me." Loki shrugs.

"But she is in love with the variant of you that she met. What were you even thinking!" Thor grips him by the collar. "First, you seduce her with your charm before pretending as though nothing happened, and now you disguise yourself as me to appease your curiosity?" Thor scoffs while observing is brother's face. It was as if he barely recognizes Loki.

But Loki doesn't know how to admit to Thor that his whole existence was for the benefit of others. For other people to achieve the best version of themselves. Loki's life was never about him, but about other people. Strangers, even. It was like Loki didn't belong to himself.

He didn't want to burden Thor with guilt. After all, Thor was one of the people that Loki's existence was supposed to revolve around.

"I needed to know what happened. My curiosity got the best of me, as well as my conscience, which is why I am telling you the truth." Loki sheepishly says.

Thor releases him with a push, and Loki adjusts his clothing with an annoyed huff. "You must tell Anya the truth. I do not care for the consequences she may bestow upon you. Frankly, you deserve it."

"But brother—"

"No more excuses, Loki. You will tell her now." Thor grabs him by the back of the neck and pushes him forward. Loki winces at the force, but he couldn't push back. He could use his magic, but he feels hesitant to use it on his brother now.

They reach Anya's room and Thor knocks loudly. When no one responds, Thor tilts his head. "FRIDAY? Is Anya inside?"

"Sir," FRIDAY's voice sound frightened, and it sparks a feeling of concern in both brothers' bodies, Loki the most. "Miss Anya wishes not to be disturbed, but my readings of her wellbeing isn't looking good."

Without another word, Thor kicks the door down easily and they both hurriedly search for her. Loki finds Anya in the bathroom, hunched over the toilet and almost unconscious.

His eyes widen and he kneels down next to the woman, lifting her into his arms to tap gently at her sweaty cheek. "Anya? Anya, wake up! Thor, she's in here! Anya, open your eyes."

She stays limp in Loki's grasp even when Thor barges into the bathroom and upon seeing Anya, Thor leaves hurriedly. Loki was confused for a moment, but Thor comes back with a container.