𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵

☼

Anya takes a moment to digest what he revealed. "You... what?"

Loki lowers his eyes. "There's a planet, called Titan. I remember it still prospering during my younger years, but now, the planet and its people are lost. All, but one, did not survive. His name is Thanos." Loki turns away. "From how his planet ended, he made it his life's goal to save the universe."

"...and he made you attack New York? Why?"

"He wanted the Tesseract. The stone within. He needed it to fulfill his task. Wiping out half of all life."

Anya's blood runs cold. "How will he do that with the Space Stone?"

"He needs all of the six Infinity Stones, but do not worry about him. He cannot come to Earth. Not with the Sorcerer Supreme and Odin still protecting it. You and your people are safe."

Anya inhales a shaky breath and pulls her hands away from him. "You helped him?"

"It... it's more than that. Before he found me, I..." well, Loki certainly didn't think this through.

How is he supposed to tell Anya about everything he has done from the point of Thor's coronation... to the time he tried to conquer Earth?

He sighs. "It is a bit of a long story."

"Good thing sleep is a luxury for you."

Loki gives her a hesitant look and raises his palm close to her head. "May I?"

Anya nods and Loki touches the skin of her temple. Then, all his memories come rushing through her.

"A wise king never seeks out war, but he must always be ready for it."

"Only one of you can ascend to the throne, but both of you were born to be kings."

"Thor, this is madness."

"Your father is a murderer and a thief. And you come here to make peace? You long for battle. You crave it."

"Know your place brother."

"Loki, you must go to the Allfather and convince him to change his mind."

"Am I cursed?"

"You're my son."

"The casket wasn't the only thing you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?"

"I went to the temple and found a baby. Small, for a Giant's offspring. Abandoned. Suffering. Laufey's son."

"Why? You were knee deep in Jötunn blood. Why take me? You took me for a purpose. What was it?"

"TELL ME!"

"I thought we could unite our kingdoms one day, through you."

"So, I'm no more than another stolen relic? Locked up here until you may have use of me?"

"You're my son. I only wanted to protect you from the truth."

"Because I'm the monster that parents tell their children about at night? You know, it all makes sense now. The way you favored Thor all these years! Because no matter how much you claim to love me, you can never have a Frost Giant sitting on the throne of Asgard!"

"He kept the truth from you so you will never feel different. You are our son, Loki. And we, your family."

"Father is dead. The burden of the throne has fallen to me now. This is goodbye, brother. I'm so sorry."

"It was just a bit of fun, really. To ruin my brother's big day. And to protect the realm from his idiotic rule a while longer."

"Brother, whatever I have done to hurt you. I am sorry. But these people are innocent. Taking their lives will gain you nothing. So take mine, and end this."

"Loki, you saved him."

"I swear to you, mother, that they will pay."

"You're a talented liar, brother."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to destroy Jotunheim."

"Why are you doing this?"

"To prove to father that I am a worthy son."

"I never wanted a throne! I only ever wanted to be your equal."

"I will not fight you, brother!"

"Loki, this is madness."

"Is it madness? Is it?"

"What happened to you on Midgard that turned you so soft? Don't tell me it was that woman... oh, it was. Well, maybe, when we're finished here, I'll pay her a visit myself."

"I could have done it, father! I could have done it! For you!"

"No, Loki."

"Loki, no. No!"

Anya gasps and she stands in the middle of a dark room, still in her green dress. She looks around but sees Loki nowhere.

"God of Mischief. Prince of Asgard. You are quite a long way from home." A deep voice makes Anya jump as she turns, seeing a tall and purple-skinned man in thick armor. A blue-skinned woman and a green-skinned one stood on either of his sides.

note: i spy with my little eye... two sibling rivalries in one chapter.