𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘺

☼

The revelation of his child-self killing Thor was something that made his skin crawl. The thought of killing Thor as a child has never come across Loki's mind before. Yes, he did some silly things like stabbing him, but all of that was child's play in Asgard. And Thor thoroughly enjoyed them, but Loki never went too far. It made him think that killing Thor must have been a mistake that this child Loki has made.

All four of them, well... actually five of them, if you count the alligator—all five of them sit together inside some underground room. After a long conversation about survival, the oldest Loki was urged to share his Nexus Event.

"Nobody wants to hear about that."

"I would, actually." Loki claims. "I've been wondering, because we're supposed to die. Thanos kills us after Ragnarok."

The eldest Loki begins to explain that he casted an illusion of himself before Thanos kills him, and he removes himself from the equation because pain followed him everywhere. He settled on a planet on isolation, and said that he stayed there for a long time.

Loki frowns. "How did the TVA find you?"

The eldest Loki chuckles. "I got lonely. To tell you the truth, I missed my brother. And I wondered if he missed me, too."

Loki smiles a bit, but it slowly fades away. "What about the human? The one waiting for you on Midgard?"

The eldest Loki, and the dark-skinned Loki appear surprised. Eldest Loki gives him a curious yet longing look. "How did you know about her? Didn't your Nexus event happen before you met Anya?"

Anya.

Loki's chest tighten at the mention of her name, and his heart begins pounding. "Anya..." Even the sound of her name rolling of his tongue sent shivers down his spine. "Um... one of the TVA agents showed her to me. They played my future in front of my eyes, that was how I learned that we die at the hands of the Mad Titan."

The eldest Loki only sighs deeply, shaking his head. "My biggest regret is leaving her on Earth. I never once visited her during my isolation, but I thought of her at every given moment. My friends, everywhere we go, chaos followed. There was no need to drag her into it," he smiles in such a bittersweet way, that Loki felt the immense pain radiate from the older man's body. "Still. It doesn't change the fact that I miss her every single minute."

Loki offers a small, confused smile. The eldest Loki sounds quite in love with this Anya woman. It was incredibly odd. On Asgard, it was frowned upon to have romantic entanglements with mortals.

"What was she like?" Loki curiously asks.

The older Loki smiles. "She's a warm embrace after a cold night. The fire in winter."

"How poetic." Loki says, unimpressed.

The dark-skinned Loki only chuckles. "It's not a lie, though. I remember Anya being the spitfire she was."

The eldest Loki snorted. "One of the fewest people who bested us in battle."

"Oh, right, yes! I remember that!" The other Loki tells them with a laugh, slapping his knee in amusement. "That was one of the best days of my life!" He giddily raises his drink to them.

"We spent the entire day being beaten to a pulp. Made me realize how much we rely on our magic." The eldest chuckles, sipping his drink. "She was our equal. Or rather, she was much better than all of us combined."

Loki watches the way the two exchange stories about Anya, all while he and the youngest Loki share a confused expression.

"I would never choose a Midgardian as a romantic partner." Loki says.

"We all thought that at first, until we realize how prejudicial and supremacist we sound by treating humans as inferiors, when they truly are above all of us," the eldest Loki tells them.

Loki glances at the youngest variant of himself. The child only shrugs and drinks his juice box, as if to say that he is going to take their word for it. After all, he never got to meet Anya as well.

"Right..." Loki trails off.

"I met her in the Avengers Tower. We lived there for quite some time when father dearest banished us from Asgard," the eldest huffs. "And Anya, she is an Avenger."

Loki furrows his brows. "An Avenger? One of those wretched beings who—"

"Who defeated us in battle? Yes, those Avengers." The eldest one snorts. "But in all honesty, they are incredible people, Loki. Although, only one of them caught our eye in particular." He smirks.

Loki ignores the comment. "What does she contribute to the team? Does she also fly one of those metal suits that Stark creates?"

"No. Even better. She can summon and control fire with her bare hands. From that, she can control heat and energy." He grins, and Loki stares back in shock. "Anya is completely immune to the touch of our Frost Giant form. As I said, the fire in winter."

"You... you showed her that side of our self?" Loki asks in surprise. "And she wasn't repulsed?"

The eldest shrugs. "She was the one who wanted to see it. She had no fear in us. Her fire can burn us, but our ice cannot bite her." He cracks a smile, staring ahead of himself. "She was perfect."

She does sound that way. Loki trusts himself more than anything, and something is telling him that these versions of him are telling the truth. Still, Loki can't help the fact that he is revolted by the thought of being with a human. Although, he is still regrettably intrigued by her because of the way these variants spoke of her.

The youngest Loki sighs. "As much as I enjoy these chats about the great Anastasia Romanoff, I think that we should—"

Loki's ears perk with astonishment. "Romanoff?!"

note: uh-oh