C153

Qi Ming was a little surprised when he heard that Chu Chengyun hadn't come.

In fact, Ye Pingrong also felt something strange.

He followed Chu Chengyun from the Duan Palace, accompanied Chu Chengyun to leave Beijing, and accompanied Chu Chengyun back to Beijing. Because of his simple life experience and his loyalty, he has always been a first-class guard by Chu Chengyun's side.

Now that Chu Chengyun is enthroned as emperor, Ye Pingrong is the definitive courtier of the emperor.

Even though Ye Pingrong, who was a military commander, was inferior to those civil servants in the court, he had a special understanding of the relationship between Chu Chengyun and Qi Ming.

It is better to say that he is a brother than a master and apprentice.

During the most idle time after Chu Chengyun left Beijing, he saw Qi Ming who fell from the sky. Maybe it was because the days were boring at first, but later, Chu Chengyun admired Qi Ming's persistence and knowledge, and also liked this always stern face. Shao Lang's occasional silly air.

Chu Chengyun helped him a lot on the road to imperial examination.

Especially after entering Beijing, Qi Ming didn't know the capital, and didn't know how to write and answer the paper after the examination. These were all Chu Chengyun told him a little bit.

They call righteous brothers and virtuous brothers. In fact, Qi Ming is essentially the disciple brought out by Chu Chengyun. Now that the disciple finally waited for the list to be released, Chu Chengyun did not come over to see it. It is indeed a rare thing.

Unless, Qi Ming missed.

Thinking of this, Ye Pingrong had some sympathy in his eyes.

As an emperor, Chu Chengyun would naturally know the result of the trial.

The temper of his emperor's master, Ye Dalang, couldn't be more clear. He was still young and he naturally wanted to be rewarded for his emotional involvement.

If Qi Ming didn't hit him, I'm afraid Chu Chengyun would never meet him in private.

But this is a test. Thousands of people can only take three hundred of them when they cross the single-plank bridge. There are indeed too few of them in one test.

Qi Ming did not notice the change in Ye Pingrong's expression. He was just a little regretful and considerate: "Please also ask Big Brother Ye to help me pass a message. I hope Brother Yi will not be overworked. His body is important."

Ye Pingrong nodded, did not speak, but escorted Qi Ming all the way to the list.

But what Ye Pingrong didn't know was that Chu Chengyun not only didn't look at the tribute list in advance, but also went to the queen's palace early in the morning.

Empress Meng who leaned on the bedside coughed slightly, and smiled at Chu Chengyun and said, "Don't worry, you don't need to worry, my body is very good."

Chu Chengyun held Empress Meng's hand and didn't speak for a long time.

For this throne, Chu Chengyun didn't really want to sit, but he had to sit for himself and for the life of the world in his chest. Now that he is firmly seated, the new emperor misses the days when he was free.