C154

The matter of the Gongshi in Qi Mingde quickly spread among the neighborhood.

The Qi family lived in the east of the city. It was close to the canal with many shops and most of the merchants. Although it was not better than the wealthy officials and officials in the west, it was also considered to be a good feng shui.

In these streets, even though the Qi family is a later generation, there is no shortage of gold and silver. They have more than half of the beverage supply in the capital. Although they don’t know the relationship between Qi Yun and Ye Pingrong and the princess Huaning, they just rely on it. When they were able to come, they would finalize the house in Dongcheng, knowing that there was someone in the middle of the court.

Such a family, even if they have just entered the capital, others dare not look down upon it.

Except for Ye Jiao's tea-tasting banquet before, there is no chance to contact the Qi family at other times.

Nowadays, because of Qi Ming's tribute, there are a lot of guests. Except for congratulations, they come to explore the bottom of Qi's family and have a relationship with Qi Yun. After all, they are all businessmen and will have some contact in the future.

The Qi family prepared firecrackers and lanterns, but there was no extravagance. The banquets were limited to the front hall and did not allow people to enter the back hall. The guests who came would also understand that Qi Saburo still had to prepare for the palace exam. So as to disturb him, when he came, he consciously didn't bring the female family.

In this way, Ye Jiao can also relax.

In contrast, the Wen family is much quieter.

Before they jumped the highest, now they also fall the hardest.

Although the test is often thousands of students competing for 300 places, it sounds like a lot of people take the test, but this is the capital gathered from all over the country, and the children from the capital really occupy less than one-tenth of it. Among the merchants, they want to support A good seedling is really not easy.

Different from the poverty of the poor and the poor, the sons of the rich and the rich were born with a golden spoon. They hardly need to work hard to obtain wealth that others cannot ask for.

Since you can live without worrying about food and clothing, why do you have to work hard?

Coupled with the fact that the imperial court treats businessmen well, and there is no discrimination in ordinary life, it makes those businessmen's children less motivated.

Therefore, among the merchants' homes on the east side of the capital this year, the only candidates who took the exam were Wenliulang and Qi Saburo.

Before the list was released, the Qi family had no voice, and Qi Ming even ran out and followed Guan Qin everywhere. He didn't seem to be confident, while Wen Liulang often went to and out of the poetry collection and essay meeting, as if he was winning.

The result was put on the list, and Qi Saburo was ranked low, but Wen Liulang fell short of Sunshan.

The outside laughing at the Wen family has never stopped, and the two families live close together, how lively the Qi family is, and how deserted the Wen family is.