staying with the bakugo's?

"huh?" shoto stops for a second as the question registered in his head. He looked at the man questioningly, chewing off the rest of the noodles in his mouth, not breaking eye contact until he was done.

"It doesn't have anything to do with endeavor right?"

Shoto, shocked, forgets how to swallow or breath so now he was coughing out what seemed a spicy noodle from his throat as mitsuki pat his back unhelpfully. of course masaru was right, but Shoto didnt expect the question to face him.

"Why uh why would it? Its a study session, I needed help and Bakugo was kind enough to let me come"

"hm" Shoto had never been good at lying. to his dad? sure, it was natural it was something that he didn't need practice for, but to others? Shoto didn't know them, or know what they would believe or whatnot. As soon as Shoto was with strangers or aquantences he didnt know well enough, his whole lying abilities flew off the table.

"Yeah, my house is far from here so it wouldve been hard to go back late"

"yeah okay kid" Did Masaru not believe him? Did he know something Shoto didn't? why was he talking like that? Shoto, beffudled, needed some air, or some time alone.

"you okay?" Mitsuki asks from beside him
picking up the way his breathing hitched.

"its hot" he says "is it hot? haha I don't know it seems to be hot, I'm going to the bathroom splash my face"

as he leaves the tension leaves with him now that the three — with the dog underneath the table looking at the food longingly— were left alone they could talk freely.

"why the fuck did you do that?" Bakugo slams his fists on the table, quietly enough and whisper yells at his father.

"I didnt mean to make him uncomfortable"

"well no shit sherlock, but fucking Endeavor? really? the fuck would you bring him up for?"

"I always had My suspiscions when he was a kid and I thought maybe I was right"

Masaru expected something. Like Katsuki yelling about how stupid it all was or maybe a laugh that would show him that it was an idiotic thought and that Endeavor never would do such a thing.

but what Masaru didn't expect was silence.

Katsuki turned away not meeting his or his mother's gaze and shuts up. no snarky comment, no wonders about why he said what he said, nothing.

just plain silence.

"Katsuki, can you please fucking tell us whats going on? no more lies." his mother was the one to break the silence looking at her son.

"the trash kicked him out, i was at ejiros and he passed out so i got him here till monday"

"WHAT?"

"So I was right?" they say simultaniously looking at Bakugo wide eyed.

"fucking- yes you were fucking right, so both of you stop bringing up the fucker and mind your damn business."

"we have to talk to him" his mother emerges from.her seat heroicly looking at the last spot she saw Shoto in.

"FUCK NO, BOTH OF YOU. NO. FUCKING. TALKING TO HIM"

"YES I AM, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO"

"HE DOESN'T FUCKING WANT YOU TWO TO KNOW SO DONT BRING IT UP"

"HE GOT KICKED OUT KATSUKI"

"HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO TALK TO EYEBAGS"

"HE GOT KICKED OUT"

"YES OKAY I AM WELL AWARE, NOW IF HE DOESN'T FUCKING TELL YOU DON'T TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT"

"Katsuki this is not some game he can't just wonder around on the streets aimlessly"

"its fine bakugo"

they all turn their gazes towards the bicolored boy's eyes full of shock and guilt.

"the walls are quite thin" he proceeds to finish "I could hear you"

no one moved or dared make a sound, they just stared and stared not being able to do anything else.

"i won't bite" he says coming to his seat, the eyes still following him "is anyone going to say something?"

still nothing. they didnt know why it was that they stopped talking, like speaking of Endeavor and his situation in front of him was a sin that may never be forgiven. So, they just stared thinking that if they did long enough everything would be back to how it was supposed to be.

it wasnt that simple.

it never was.

"look, im fine, its fine, i wasn't even going to come if it wasnt for this genius, i dont need pity eyes. i dont even need to stay here, I'm already going to talk to aizawa, maybe find somewhere to stay"

"you can stay here" Mituki blurted out and this time the eyes were on her. she had taken the spotlight. "i mean it" she confirms.

Shoto starts laughing. it wasn't a laugh you would hear from a toddler as you plays ball, or from some kids as they almost got tagged in the park trying to find a bench to sit on before it was too late. it wasn't the laugh Shoto had let out when he was greeted by olly. no. it was a dry humorless laugh that sounded painful to the ear.

"dont joke like that" he finay says, wiping away the tears from his eyes.

"I'm not joking" she continues.

"stop"

"stop what kid?" now it was Masaru.

"its not fair you can't tell me shit like that"

Katsuki was fascinated to say the least. he hardly ever kept silent or not made comments but everything here was too out of the blue too mesmerising for him to talk and ruin it all. so he just watched.

"Todoroki we mean it, I want you to stay until you sort out everything."

"this isn't a joke" Shoto says to no one in particular.

"dead serious"

"you do know that im a blunt asshole that has no control over what he's saying"

"my son is a blunt asshole that can't control what he's saying, and hes loud"

"HEY WHAT THE HELL, IM RIGHT HERE"

"see what i mean?"

"so?" Masaru asks leaning a bit forward elbows on the tables and his hands tucked under his chin.

"i mean- wow okay, if it isnt too much for you guys i would appreciate it"

"than its a deal" Matukis claps her hands in excitement "you'll be staying with us until you find a good place to live in"

"ugh"

"if you have something to say katsuki, say it loud and clear boy" she turns to him with a strained smile.

what did shoto get himself into..?