Adoption?

"hey" mitsuki opens the door to see a very tired looking aizawa. it was almost 9 and she knew he had a patrol soon and would probably spend another night without sleep.

"hey" she smiles at him as she gestures him to go inside "ill call the kids,theyre upstairs give me second"

"no" he holds her arm before she could reach the stairs "i need to talk to you" he says "both of you".

"o-okay"

as they sit on the couch, the atmosphere around them doesnt rest, it was tense and heavy and draining to everyone involved.

"what are your plans?" he asks, putting his elbows on his knees resting his chin on his palms.

"what do you mean?"

"i mean, are you going to adopt him?"

"what?" mitsuki stood there, gaping at the man, her words breathless and short she grazes her hand against her husband's for comfort.

"i dont want to make the paperwork final and officially signed unless i have someone who's willing to adopt. if i do all the paperwork he will have six months until he is put in foster care. if youre not adopting im going to find a family and then finish"

"shota i-"

"no shota, we both know i would die before putting him in foster care"

"i would too its just, i dont know, its too sudden"

"i couldnt have known earlier, i just got ghe deals. im not forcing you but if you wont i am not going to do it"

"but if we dont endeavor could come and just take him back"

"im well aware, but adoption takes time, till i find someone and complete the paperwork the six months would be over already"

"mitsuki why not? we can always try"

"saru? i- i think it would be okay if we did it, what do you think?"

"ye-yeah, we we uh we were thinking about adoption right?"

"mhm yeah, and we wouldnt have to feel bad when we go on business trips if shoto is with katsuki"

"were okay financially so supporting him would be fine"

"and maybe we can empty the cloth room for him?"

"y-yeah!"

"so you guys are sure?" aizawa asks as relief washes over him.

"i- i mean yeah if youre okay with it" mistuki looks at masaru.

"i am okay with it, you know how i feel about the kid"

"great okay, call them and lets settle this"

"okay, just dont tell them about the adoption okay?"

"okay then"

______________

shoto and katsuki go downstairs quarelling over something very stupid in aizawa's opinion. he wasnt one to complain, he often  was concerned about shoto's ability to communicate with people due to his lack of doing so in the beginning of the year.

"lets get this over with shall we?" shoto asks marching towards the couch.

"my plan is to take you out of endeavors custody, okay?"

shoto nods but stays silent, and so do the others 

"im going to talk to him along with a couple lawyers and have him sign papers to let go of custody over you, it will all be an inside job and the people working in the case are trustworthy, you dont have to worry about media or anything"