what real families are like

Shouto must have drifted off to sleep because the text time he awoke the sun was bright and the birds were singing. He looked at the fluffly white clouds and the gentle breeze carressing the dancing leaves, and shouto feels as if he had found inner peace by just looking at the view.

But then he remembered 

Fuck! it was morning

Mitsuki must have been worried sick about him, she must have called him a dozen times and as he kneeled back down to check he realised his phonw was off.

He packed his bag as fast as he could and ran down the stairs of the empty apartment and he shut the door.

By now he was sprinting towards the house, not even a light jog but a full on sprint.

At last he reaches his front door and decides its late enough because he couldnt spot masarus car. That meant that it was past 8:30

That also meant that katsuki was either with friends or on a jog or both.

"Hey, im back" he says removing his shoes and at first he thinks that maybe theyre still sleeping or not at home, but no. Mitsuki was waiting for him with a furious look on her face.

"Im back" he hears mitsuki muse herself by the stairway "IM BACK? ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHERE WERE YOU, YOU HAD ME SCARED TO DEATH! IM BACK?"

Shouto stumbles backwards, his heart racing, his hands shaking, he looks at her with wide eyes. "I- I fell asleep i didnt- i didnt mean to i-"

"AND YOU WERENT ABLE TO KEEP YOUR PHONE SOUND UP? YOU COULDNT EVEN DO THAT?"

"i did! I dont know it didnt wake me up"

"I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU USED TO DO WHEN YOU WERE WITH ENDEAVOR BUT THATS NOT HOW THINGS WORK HERE, YOU CANT DISAPPEAR LIKE THAT"

"im sorry" its barely a whisper. "I didnt mean to im sorry" he retreats with a couple steps backwards looking terrified and mitsuki might have noticed it if she saw anything but red.

Shouto didnt think it could get any worst but it did. He made a mistake. A big one.

As mitsuki went to rub her forehead he flinches violently, covering his face and cowering under her hold and for a moment the world stops. Because his next words were "please dont hit" and "im sorry" and his voice sounded as desperate as ever.

Shouto froze when he realised what he did.

"You-"

"Im sorry" he breaths out

"You flinched"

"I know im sorry im sorry" shouto waves his hands frantically trying to convince mitsuki that it was an honest mistake but she didnt want to hear it.

She bolts up the stairs and shouto follows her yelling out as many apologies as he could. She wouldnt hear it.

She shuts the door and shouto was left in front of the white entrence staring at the door knob that just twisted and he was crushed.

He knocks.

"Im sorry" a whisper "Im Sorry" slightly louder "PLEASE OPEN PLEASE I CAN FIX IT, I CAN! IM SORRY IM SORRY I DIDNT- I DIDNT MEAN TO. PLEASE! PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR ILL FIX IT ILL-"

"GO AWAY" she yells from the other side.

"Oh" was the only thing that came out from his mouth. "Okay"

With that shouto goes to his own room, shuts the door and tries to stay sane.

________________________