Chapter 27: Harper

A/N: mature content (promise the last of this kind!)

What in the fucking hell!?

I wrenched myself out of my nightmare and sat up so abruptly that I smashed the top of my head onto the too-close ceiling over my lofted bed.

"Fuck!" My hands cupped over the burst of pain that erupted on contact. I took a mental inventory check as my head throbbed in protest. Sweat poured out of every available outlet on my body, my hair clung to my face and arms, and my heart rammed itself painfully against my chest walls with thundered vibrations I felt all the way into my ears.

The worst reaction was the warm pulse of arousal that throbbed painfully between my legs that had nothing to do with residual post-hair removal sensations. I palmed one hand over the pressure below my navel and took a slow breath against the urge that I relieved myself. If I were alone then I would've flicked myself through an orgasm but my only shred of restraint was the sound of soft, even breaths from the pink side of our dorm room.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, calm down.

Breath by breath through pursed lips, I slowed the throbs of my pulse and smashed my hand hard in a 'down girl' attempt against the heat that pumped out between my legs.

At times like this, I really hate my own fucking body.

My tired eyes cracked open and caught the 2:47am time on Li's desk clock. Internally, I groaned at the interrupted sleep and how wide awake I now felt. Thankfully, my dream hadn't woken up Li, at least not based on her still form and even expansion and contraction of her chest.

A slight 'poof' sound erupted around my ears as I flopped back into my pillow.

Just a dream, but fuck it actually felt real.

Reality is it didn't last.

Jake and my sex-only deal lasted months through high school and, sadly for the kind of friend I wasn't to Ellie because of it, it was amazing. Like an on-call male vibrator, there were so many benefits to Jake's sex-only deal, and we both became sloppy and greedy. With my mind still fucked up from my dream, the memories associated with how our sex-only deal ended bombarded me from all directions.

It was amazing while it lasted though, I can admit that much.

Kissing was only an initiative, never afterwards. Appreciative grunts were acceptable.

We shared no formalities of dating, dinners, movies, just straight fucked each other whenever one of us needed it.

Sex was rough, hot, heady, and desperate, never slow and loving.

Both of us got a relief, dulled the edge of our high libidos, zipped back up our pants, and went on with the rest of our lives.

Over the first three months of our senior year where Logan became the most important person in Ellie's life and she pushed me to the sidelines, I watched as more and more of my best friend resurfaced from the former shell she'd hidden herself behind for years. Before Logan, she'd contently introverted herself into nonexistence, ignored everyone else except me and Jake, and just waited until high school expired.

While I couldn't have been more proud of Ellie's growth in confidence and how she'd found her voice again, after years of being her protectors, both Jake and I felt the sting when Ellie rendered us unnecessary. Oddly, each of us reacted in the same way and, despite my better judgment, we found each other.

When we'd fucked during Logan's Homecoming Dance, I'd intended that the 'fuck and chuck' sex solely to hurt Jake for his similar dismissal of me years ago. Unfortunately, the experience ignited something in both of us. My traitorous vagina aside, after I'd been cast aside from being one of the only two important people in Ellie's life, I turned to the one detached physical relationship I never thought I'd have.