Chapter 53: Harper

A/N: Mature content. 🧊🤪🧊

After a quick goodbye hug to Ellie and her mom, I finally used the bathroom and quickly weaved my way back to my car. The sight of the USC jerseys that threaded around my parked car pushed out a small grunt when I sat down behind the wheel.

I should get mine... No, I shouldn't. Should I?

While I waited in the post-game traffic clog, I pulled into the parking lot queue and noticed a water bottle vendor. The sight of the bottles he grasped in each hand, which dripped condensation onto the sidewalk, combined with Ellie's earlier 'consolation' joke and reinforced my plan for tonight.

"If I can get out of this fucking parking lot first," I muttered to myself.

For the next thirty minutes, I waited while fans weaved around my car, impatient jackasses nudged in front of it, and polite drivers waved me through.

Oh yes, and I googled the fuck out of me and Jake.

I didn't get more than Jake's name typed when an auto-filled, 'I Hate You, Jake Harrison' filled my search options. With one thumb press, a bright pink and black flower printed background splashed over my screen in what looked like a random girl's blog.

Sorry this is so cliche... I went to a USC football house party, met the most amazing, hottest guy I'd ever seen. Cut like carved stone, deep, soulful brown eyes. Back then, he was one of their backup quarterbacks. Now he's their starter. After a ridiculously hot night between the sheets, he tossed me out!

A snort left me at that description.

I don't think soulful eyes is the direction I'd go...

I scrolled past their meet-up details, down to the comments section, and my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets. Every comment had an understandably anonymous name dropped but I mentally chewed on their level of detail like I munched on a bucket of popcorn.

anon3: Best quick-fuck screw I've ever had. No regrets! #yolo

anon12: Fuck, he's so 🔥. I sometimes forget I had his 7+ for one moment. #worthit

It's... some of his previous hookups. If they're actually true.

My lower lip rolled inward at the comment with the most replies.

anon7: I hate how much I liked it. And how I'd do it again if he just looked at me. 🥺👉👈 #soembarrassed

 anon18: Me too! I hate how amazing he was. His hands, body, ahh!! 🤤😳 Even the smirk before he tossed my ass out.

anon27: Same, girl. Even the memories give me goosebumps.

anon33: OMG, me three. Biggest asshole I've ever me but fuck he knows how to use what counts. 😏

anon41: Why are all the good fucks assholes?

I don't know whether to throw up or feel sorry for these girls.

While a strange and unfamiliar sense of discomfort twitched my lips towards one side as I read confession after confession, I wasn't sure how I felt about this discovery. My sense of female sexual empowerment applauded the openness in how many girls admitted they'd taken, and gotten, what they wanted.

By the calmness in my mind and steady pulse, I knew I wasn't jealous. I couldn't have cared less about Jake's previous one-nighters as long as they hadn't given him an STD and they stayed gone.

Despite my stoic reaction, my mouth dried at the reminder of how many girls had gotten the same royal Jake Harrison fuck and chuck treatment. No girl suggested she hadn't consented to the hook up and I knew he wouldn't have taken advantage of anyone that hadn't also wanted to take advantage of him.