Chapter 44: Harper

A/N: Suprise! Mature content. 🏃‍♀️🤪🏃‍♀️

I might possibly have a bratty streak.

But, in my defense, the idea of any kind of do-over beyond Jake's dick doing me over and over is an absolute mindfuck.

My emotional detachment aside, I wasn't stupid. I knew with tonight's dinner, flowers, and his attempted serious conversation that the 'do-over' Jake hinted wasn't the damn food or multiple rounds of guaranteed sex under our arrangement. No, he tossed out the possibility that 'we' deserved a second consideration.

No part of me wanted to be opened up to an emotionally vulnerable kind of pain. The days where I'd released control of my emotions and allowed them to be affected by another person were long gone.

And if he asks why then I'm shoving a fucking mirror in his face.

While whiny wasn't my best approach, every cell in my body grew more and more irritated at how Jake skirted around every question I asked him. And fuck, he pushed every damn button in me with the talking, sharing, opening up. At one point, my skin literally itched like I'd gotten a rash.

Nothing has changed, so why? Why can't he just be the selfish asshole who fucks and chucks?

Ironically, that thought ran through my head at the exact moment Jake had tossed me onto his bed.

"I'm just getting started," his repeated words cut through my distracted thoughts.

I wasn't in any position for negotiation, since his giantass frame smothered mine down into his puffy comforter. A wall of rock-hard muscles radiated heat onto my upper back and his interest resurged and swelled up between my ass cheeks.

In one movement, a large hand slid under my belly and, with one quick lift, my lower back arched and ass hinged up in the air. Jake's hands parted my knees wider in another quick, impatient movement. Once open and exposed, two of his fingertips stroked right over my center slit. I groaned quietly when he circled my entrance with a few passes but never dipped inside.

The teasing strokes fed the warmth leftover from Jake's earlier quick release, during which I'd felt good and stretched in all the right places but hadn't orgasmed. As if he doled out my own punishment, my entire body jolted when a snapped sting burst on the most sensitive part of my folds. My stomach clenched tight, painfully tight, and tension coiled between my shoulders. They rose up towards my ears until my neck also felt pinched.

"Ahh!" I gasped loudly when Jake flicked my clit with his middle finger's nail again. The quick-flashed sting dissolved into heated throbs of pressure that long outlasted the initial bite.

A loud moan rushed out my lips when the third flick strung threads of ache deeper inside me. Jake's other hand palmed the bed flat outside my left shoulder as he leaned over until his chest's wall of heat hovered an inch over my upper back.

His low voice hit my ear right when his finger flicked me again. "Your punishment methods are shit, Harper." Like a switch, my body twitched again but this time my lips rolled inward and I bit back another shameless moan. "Because I fucking enjoy them too much."

By the time Jake palmed the area again, my mound felt like a heating pad with its own faint heartbeat. An internal pressure mounted deep inside my pelvis when his torturously slow, teasing finger strokes resumed. Like I'd lost my last ounce of stubbornness, I squeezed my thighs around his wrist and dropped my head down.

"You like that," Jake's voice was past cocky and full on arrogant.

Hot waves from his breath fanned over the base of my neck and I shivered from how he skimmed his nose down. Warm, soft lips pressed into the center of my shoulder blades, a faint, gentle caress that was a sharp contrast to the smack he landed with his palm into my front folds.