Epilogue: Harper

A/N: Mature content... of course. 🥰🥰🥰

Nearly ten months since Jake and I made up in Hawaii, or two months after we became 'officially stuck with each other' and he and Kieran resumed their bromance, Jake nearly sweated his balls off. While I wanted nothing more than to take credit for that reaction in him, all I could was sit and distract him.

Technically sit, stand, and lay down.

We'd been in New York City for the past two days and while the collective asshole factor here was definitely higher on the sidewalks than in laid-back California, this city hadn't disappointed from its hype of sexual affliction. An unspoken, invisible surge of energy lived within the city, maybe the constant streams of people and activity on the streets, and it ignited a wildfire of lust inside both me and Jake to the point where we'd been nearly insatiable.

Or he's just nervous. He has every right to be though.

We attempted sight-seeing but didn't get much farther than grabbing bagels for breakfast or pizza for lunch because Dad insisted that we needed to try both while we were here. The bagels were amazing, although no amount of money existed in this world that would have tempted me into putting lox on one.

Fish and bagels do not mix. But then again, I also thought love and I didn't either.

Even while we walked through Central Park, hand-in-hand like fucking high school sweethearts, and I gaped at the Alice in Wonderland statue, a gentle breeze had innocently fluttered up my skirt. Jake's eyes snapped down and darkened, followed quickly by his hands as he pinned my skin down into my thighs. Just the brush of his fingers dried out my mouth and surged warmth straight into my lady bits.

We barely made our way back to the hotel without becoming exhibitionists.

My shirt and bra were thrown somewhere, and I was pretty sure one of Jake's shoes was in the hallway. I hadn't even gotten my skirt off before his cock buried deep inside me from behind, his hands clutched my breasts like handles as he gyrated his hips upwards until my back writhed and I squealed in ecstasy against his chest. My chest heaved with raspy breaths as I grinded myself up and down his length and moaned at the intensity that had built up from our outside venture.

His fingers rolled, pinched, and pulled on my nipples so hard I was surprised they stayed attached but fuck, it felt good. Ten minutes of groans and sweaty thrusts later, he came first. I followed shortly after his last pump emptied himself inside me.

"Guess we should shower again," he grunted into my shoulder, followed by a soft kiss and wipe of his sweaty forehead onto me.

"Eww." I swatted him off me because he knew I hated that and did it anyway.

Jake found the quickest way to get me in the shower with him was wipe his sweat on me. Since he spent half his life sweaty, our water bills seemed like almost as much as our general rent. But at least we didn't have to worry about that with the hotel.

Every time we actually left the hotel, our sex drives reignited. The closer we got to Jake's deadline, the rougher our rounds got. I had no complaints since I could take anything he lashed out and after every time afterwards, he held me tenderly and kissed me until our lips numbed over.

The little spoon part no longer bothered me, but I'd never admit if I actually liked it.

The sex though...

Ten months of this shit and we still can't get enough of each other.

Or maybe he's just nervous and needed to fuck those nerves out of his system.