Chapter 66: Jake

Harper was stubborn, but so was I. After she sucked me off, then snuggled up next to me for the rest of her movie, I decided that I'd had enough of the way she snuck out post-sex... and reached the same conclusion after she did the exact same thing the next day.

Stings harder each time.

I don't know what the fuck else to try.

Even after one round of sex, a grueling practice, and V69 attempt on her birthday, every muscle fiber in my back, shoulders, biceps, and forearms were numb and spent from fatigue. Harper's frame blurred from my view as I fell into a heavy, dreamless sleep that knocked me out until more than twelve hours later but she'd practically skipped out of my room.

While I more than appreciated the treatment Harper's mouth had given my dick and balls, the vertical part lost its appeal once my dumb ass stood up.

Still, the warmth of her thighs sandwiched around my ears and that warm, soft pussy in my face, wet and ready for me, wasn't all bad.

But it's like she never tires.

While I collapsed onto my bed like roadkill after we had sex, Harper bounded up with renewed energy and bolted across my bedroom like she ran across hot lava. The mental recaps I filtered through after she left not only Saturday night but also Sunday were less than helpful finding a solution to her hasty exits.

On her birthday, not even four orgasms had tired her out, although she fell asleep while I was at practice. The sight of her, naked and asleep in my bed, kicked my stubbornness up another notch. Her hair laid in clumped strings over my pillow, her makeup smudged onto my pillowcase, and her full, pink lips parted in soft breaths.

I stood over and watched her sleep like a creep for probably ten minutes before I woke her up. While Harper never spoke about her birthday, I knew she hated it because her Mom walked out on their family. While she'd never shared the details, even just getting a card from the mother that abandoned you would fuck with even the sanest person's head. Ellie wasn't particularly close to our mom anymore, for good reasons, but Harper grew up with a mom who walked out and dad who worked ninety percent of the time he was awake.

While I wasn't exactly sure what I felt while I watched Harper sleep, it wasn't all warm and fuzzy. My chest felt like a giant coil of tension had been transplanted into the center of my sternum and wound tighter the longer I looked at her. Warmth flowed through me like the blood in my veins but the constriction my heart pounded against was damn near painful.

This can't be... can it?

Fuck, she sure pisses me off more than anyone I've ever met. And yet I'm obsessing over how to just get her to spend the fucking night.

Maybe next I need to rip her clothes... Who the fuck am I kidding, she'd just walk out naked.

The idea any of my roommates saw her body like that bothered me, a lot, so I pushed that stupid idea out of my mind.

Short of tying Harper down, which sounded less ridiculous rehashed in my mind than when Griff had suggested it, I felt out of suggestions. Ellie was less than helpful during our last conversation and, honestly, the non-sex side of our relationship felt like I fought a one-sided argument most of the time.

I wasn't sure when the realization that I wanted more from Harper than just her body in my bed hit me, but I was painfully aware of the irony it did while I watched as she slept there. And whatever the fuck that feeling was in me, it was nowhere present when Emily sat there.

Again. And after I told her not to do that.

Fuck, Drake's crush aside, that girl is also only average at best.