Chapter 37: Jake

A/N: Mature content. 🤪🤪🤪

Both mornings after Harper bolted from the house, I woke up with a grin on my face, as I always did after I had sex. Despite the morning wood that pointed straight north, my testosterone levels were more than completely satisfied after Harper's surprise post-practice visits and every cell in my body felt simultaneously energized and refreshed.

Despite the wide grin that also creased my face during Thursday night's dinner while the idiots around the table teased me endlessly about the girl who fled downstairs and out the front door faster than they realized who she was, I sat silently. While I never admitted how Harper bolted out like the house was on fire bothered me to any of the guys who grinned at me around our table, internally her reactions bothered me a lot.

Not that I expected Harper was up for another round of amazing sex before she went back to UCLA but the hard, quick fuck exceeded my expectations. Instant relief surged through me as I came hard, but by Harper's shift from tensely wired up to relaxed, she needed it more than I did.

Fuck, she even thanked me.

All other girls I had to purposely kick out. I wasn't a total asshole who tossed out a girl who was exhausted afterwards, but they always lingered, for breakfast, awkward 'when can I see you next?'-type conversations, or searched for any shred of actual interest from me.

Not Harper, she practically kicked up a cloud of dust behind her on the way out.

That's why I have to keep going with her.

Our sex-only setup was perfect.

She's perfect. Beautiful, amazing, heated sex, and no strings.

I trusted Harper not to do shit like girls in the past attempted, and thankfully failed with me, like poked holes in condoms. She was the polar opposite of clingy and needy and nothing about her distracted me away from football or school. Her social media was like her responses to me, dead silent. Given my most recent headache that Drake said he still monitored for me, Harper's nonexistent, ghost-like social media presence was a breath of fresh air.

In a move I'd never done in three years here at USC, I'd shared my spare set of house and room keys so Harper knew how much I trusted her. How quickly she'd turned down the idea that we fucked in her room surprised me but if she wanted some semblance of space and privacy then I happily screwed her here.

And I particularly happily screwed her here when I got back from my Friday morning classes and found Harper herself in my bedroom.

Third time this week and before the game? What the fuck did I do to deserve this because I'll do it over and over again.

Technically, on paper my major was General Studies but my minor was Sports and Business Management. But every last Marketing Fundamentals thought that lingered in my mind as I walked back here completely vanished into mental dust when I saw the tall, gorgeous blonde who'd let herself in as I suggested after yesterday's hard and fast fuck that had left my mind fuzzy but concerned and body sagged with relief.

Today though, Harper wasn't naked and ready in my bed - yet - but stood, fully clothed in a pair of black leggings that showed every curve of her legs and swell of her ass I appreciated, and a loosely fitted dark purple top with a wide, scoop neck that draped over one shoulder. While my fingers twitched for a handful of her ass in both palms, her presence here reminded me of a gift I'd picked up for her after yesterday's surprise visit.

"I have something for you." I dropped my backpack on the floor, walked over to my closet, and pulled out the USC home jersey I'd gotten her, along with a smaller one. "You don't have to wear it but uhh... here."