Chapter 9: Jake

A/N: Mature content. 💔🤪❤️

"What -" I started when Harper's lips smashed so hard into mine that my head snapped back an inch. My keys dropped from my hand and landed right on top of my foot, where my shoe muffled the impact.

While I inhaled sharply through my nose and grounded my feet, she rolled my lower lip between her teeth and tugged impatiently. A low groan vibrated up my throat as she bit down, then smoothed over the sting with her tongue. My hands shot straight to her hips and despite the spur of the moment excitement and obvious 'I approve' movement in my cock, I cupped my hands behind her head and slowed down her lips' movement against mine.

Honestly, with my keys in hand, I was two steps away from leaving for her place when she arrived. My phone battery died on the endless bus ride to Vegas. I hadn't gotten her cryptic messages until we got home and I charged it. She sure grabbed my attention though and not just the eggplant emojis. By that time, she hadn't answered when I'd called or texted.

I'd also missed a call from Ellie, who I'd spoken to briefly with a joking thanks from Hightower for beating WSU. My thumb had just ended our call while my other hand grabbed my keys off my dresser when my door flung open with a bang.

"Fuck it out of me," Harper begged again, in the most desperate voice I'd ever heard from her.

The brief moment of relief and happiness I felt at the first sight of her died when I pulled back and really saw her. Her entire body shook like she fought to contain whatever bothered her. Her irises blazed the greenest shade I'd ever seen, magnified by redness streaked in the corners of her eyes. A pink, ruddy look covered her cheeks and her forehead between her eyebrows was etched with worry lines.

What the fuck happened?

My eyes slid lazily closed as I kissed her hard, so hard at least one of us ended up with a bruise. Her hands shot over my shoulders, where her fingers threaded around a few strands of my hair at the nape of my neck. Sharp stings bit into my scalp from where they yanked me down harder.

Fuck, I like when she does that.

"My mom is here," she snapped, surged forwards, and smashed her lips against mine again. The contact crushed mine flat against my teeth.

In the dizziness that fogged over my brain from her mouth's assault on mine, I needed a few breaths before her words sunk in. In addition to the warmth that surged in my pelvis, she made my general thought process more difficult by how hard her nose was smashed against mine.

I can't breathe.

Did she just say her - what!?

My eyes flipped open when the word 'mom' registered in my brain.

"Woah... Your... mom!?" I broke off and my burning lungs gasped for air. "You mean, here? Now? That's fucked up."

"The only thing that needs to be fucked up is me," her voice sounded soaked with the same irritation and anger that flashed in her eyes. They narrowed and a whine slipped in, like she impatiently explained to a child, "If you want me to beg then I'll just go find someone else to help out here."

My hands clenched around her upper arms before either of us moved.

That's a hard no.

"No. Fuck, no. Just tell me what you need." My brain fried all of my coherent thoughts, which included we probably needed to slow down, except whichever ones were attached to keeping Harper here with me. I cupped her jaw in my hands, rubbed my thumbs over her pink cheeks, and stared straight into the icy blue storm in her eyes. "What position?"